Task Manager Button is disabled when I do Ctrl+Alt+Del

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this peculiar problem, when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del is see the Task manager button disabled. When I log into Yahoo Messanger, every few minutes the status is automatically changed to some web adress and jusk messages are bein sent to all the friends in my list. Please help me.

Very possibly a virus/Trojan. Ctrl+Alt+Del should always be accessible. If it isn't then security has been compromised somehow.

It seems to me as if some script kiddy ***** is remote controlling your PC, and has disabled access to the task manager. They simply are entering your IM client and sending messages. You will need to disconnect from the net ASAP to deny them this privelege then hit run and type msconfig. From general select "diagnostic startup" to disable all startup tasks. Then in services hide all of the microsoft services and disable anything that remains. Make a note of those services that remain also. Next make certain that the windows firewall is enabled. Then reboot. and reconnect to the net. The next stage will probably be to post your hijack this log. But also it would be necessary to know which ms services you have running. Because this person is probably entering via a system service that is always running which opens a backdoor.

Also offline, follow this guide to see if you can reenable the task manager: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ableDisableTaskManagerinWindowsXPHomePro.html

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Your system is infected by something nasty.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of debrajs only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back