TASK MANAGER- I can't end ANY processes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjbrand99

I am having a great big problem with my task manager AGAIN!
After weeks of frustration i finally got my task manager back sing info from techspot but now i am having another problem.
Before any problems i could close any process i wanted be it my users, system, or network (even if the concequinces were system shutdown!). But after i had problems and fixed them again, i can hardly end anything. Only window processes such as firefox.exe or msnmsgr.exe close!
nothing else closes, i get a dialog box telling me that the proccess cannot be ended. even ipodservice and ewidoctrl dont end. Also many user processes have been moved to SYSTEM processes.
I am 110 percent sure that my computer is free of viruses adware spyware etc. after many hours of searching with all your recceomended programs and many more.
PLEASE HELP!

download Process explorer. much more powerfull (and free) than task manager.

Get rid of your norton/sysmantec crap (CCAPP.exe). All of it. your pc will thank you for it. Dont forget to check the Add/Remove list to see that Live Update and the orphans norton leaves behind are gone...

In this thread HERE I gave you some instructions and asked you to post a fresh HJT log, after following them. You never did.

Maybe you should consider following my instructions now.

Also, you can take a look at this thread HERE.

Edit: To answer your question from another thread. ccapp or ccapp.exe=Symantec Common Client CCApp

Description:
ccapp.exe is a process belonging to Norton AntiVirus. It is responsible for the auto-protect and email checking facilities, both of which will not function correctly if this service is stopped.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back