Task Manager Not opening, & Limewire not staying closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Ok all of a sudden my task manager won't open, and everytime i close Limewire it keeps opening. I've had Limewire for a few months now so I don't think it has to do with that. Also another problem is my menu bar tends to freeze every so often so i can't click anything on it.

I've run Norton, Ad-Aware, and Spybot and it sitll isn't working. If you can help me out it'd be a big help! :)

Thanks in advance

you have adaware/spyware/virus on your computer...
gaining access to taskmgr will show some rogue processes....

only other reason for limewire opening on its own would be a scheduled windows task, or it not being closed in the first place..

The inability to access taskmanager tells me you most likely have a virus or corrupt registry.

go to say trendmicro or symantec and run a free online virus scan..

i ran the online virus scan and it dected like 401 infected files, and when i tried to repair them and stuff, none of them did

Hey I've also got the exact same problem. If anyone has anyway to fix this, please post it. Not being able to use Taskbar and Limewire contantly opening is becoming a hassle.

my solution...which worked for me...

you dont have to read Background if you dont want. for what i did to solve my problem read "what i did to solve my problem" oh anf feel free to send me hate-mails at 2oo5.rl@gmail.com (its o's not 0*zeros*)if it doesnt work for u and it messes up our computer somehow...

Background

ok...i had the same problem...task manager not opening, and lime wire wouldnt stay closed...but eventually after closing it everytime it opened, it would stay closed...but task manager would still not work...i read abit from everyones post and found it somewhat useful, because i myself am not a computer wiz...everyones posting about safe-mode run this run that, and it just confused me, im not saying that they were wrong, maybe what they are saying is right, i dunno i cant even understand them LoL..hence n3wb

What i did to solve my problem

ok..i turned off system restore but going to porperties on "My Computer" icon and used the System Restore tab..then i ran AVG anti-virus program.and it detected a virus call "Worm/vb.cc". and it also listed a list of infected files during the scan, so i manually deleted them. AVG did show me where the files were located and i followed the links and deleted them all...and these files were found in the random folders, like My Shared Folders,eMule depends on what folders you have on our computer. after AVG was done, i used the automantic healing process which popped up after the scanning was done. it restarted my computer and that was the end of it...

Results

LimeWire didnt open anymore automatically..and when i open LimeWire i closed it, and it stayed closed AND Task manager works W00t and everything seemed pretty normal...

urbandragon said:
Did you try opening taskmanager in safe mode?
how do I open taskmngr in safe mode also im having same prob but ill give u a better looksy

Attachments

• WAY ****ED UP.JPG
    WAY ****ED UP.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 6
  • ****ED UP BAD.JPG
    ****ED UP BAD.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back