Task Manager not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem, My task manager useing ctrl alt del i have been useing for some time now. Resently my lil brother rebooted the computure and apprently hit "allow this on all ports" for a program trying to connect to the internet through Norton. He hit ok, then about 2-3 trojan warnings poped up. Now I have 2 little red circles with white x's in them on my start-up menu that say, Your computer is infected. To make matters worse when i hit ctrl alt del, my task manager is not clickable. Need some help on how to get rid of this trojan/virus or what ever is doing this please.

if you have your stuff backed up
reinstall fastest way and you will be sure its gone
do search for f-secure website step by step on how to remove most trojons and virus's
other things to do dwnld CWShredder, adaware, hijackthis
look here on how to post the logs
little brothers ,what'er ya gonna do??

update all virus definitions
make sure your windows xp is up-to-date
then, if you have a firewall, close down all internet traffic; if not, literally pull the plug on the cable that gives you internet :D
run a full system scan and delete all entries...if some are not deleted, make note
of the ones that are not deleted.
shutdown the pc and hit f8 and select "safe mode"
in safe mode run a file search for the ones that were not deleted and manually delete them yourself (you could not do this in normal mode because the files were being used by the bad program)
then open up your firewall program (if you have one) and block all entries that dont look familiar such as things promising money, games, etc.
restart in normal mode and make an a limited account (the admin account is the most vulnerable one) for your lil bro so he cant make system changes :D
if some of your programs malfunction such as word, photoshopt, etc..make sure you didnt block them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back