task manager not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm not able to access my task manager and when I go to Start, Run, taskmgr
I get a message saying it it being used by another user. I also get this message when I try to access the command prompt or registry. I really need help with this please...
Heres my Hijackthis log

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Your system is infected with some nasties. Please follow all the instructions below.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

p2p networking

Close the services window.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpdtlk02.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_SetRes] c:\hp\bin\cloaker c:\hp\bin\res.bat

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IcoSet] c:\hp\bin\cloaker.exe c:\hp\bin\IcoSet\adjust.bat seticon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [p2p networking] p2pnetworking.exe

O4 - Global Startup: taskmgr.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

p2pnetworking.exe search for and delete all instances of this file.

C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe

ALCXMNTR.EXE search for and delete all instances of this file.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\taskmgr.exe

Reboot into normal mode and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment. See HERE for instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of prettycrazy4lif only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have deleted your other thread for this subject. Please don`t open any more threads for this.

HJT logs are not supposed to be posted in the Windows OS forum. Thanks.

Follow the instructions above and post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

Well done. Your HJT log is clean.

I assume your task manager is now working properly?

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of prettycrazy4lif only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back