Task Manager Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabin07

My task manager will not open I press Ctrl+Alt+Del but nothing comes up also whenever I turn on my computer the connect to internet window(i have dial-up) pops up automatically it never did this before the window also pops up randomly while I am on my computer also whenever I turn on my computer I get a messege that says b.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close I have done multiple scans with spybot, ad-aware, and norton but they
always turn up nothing. But whenever I do a scan with windows malicious software removal tool it always turns up 2 results which are

Worm:Win32/Alcan.D
Backdoor: Win32/Rbot!934A.dam#4

It says that it partally removes the first one and that it completly removes the second one but everytime I do the scan it always turns up these same results. Does anyone know how to help me get rid of thes problems, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Sabin07 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O4 - Global Startup: svchost.exe

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{211FB20C-39CB-440D-9D26-51DB2D113872}: NameServer = 142.177.1.2 142.177.129.11
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{211FB20C-39CB-440D-9D26-51DB2D113872}: NameServer = 142.177.1.2 142.177.129.11

Only fix the above 017 entries if they don`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe<Don`t delete any other svchost.exe file.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

See if you can open your task manager and post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Sabin07 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks very much for the help howard_hopkinso all my problems are now fixed and my computer works fine. Here is a fresh HJT log

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

It looks like I spoke too soon about my computer being fine. Windows malicious software removal tool is still turning up the same 2 results

Worm:Win32/Alcan.D
Backdoor: Win32/Rbot!934A.dam#4

and still says it partially removes the first one and completly removes the second one. And although the connect to internet screen doesn't pop up when I turn on my computer it still pops up randomly

Ok, let`s see if we can get your system cleaned up.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

I followed all the instrutions in that page that you posted but my computer still is not completly clean after scanning with malicious software removal it shows that Worm:Win32/Alcan.D is still present on my computer although I did manage to get rid of the other problem. here are the logs.

Your HJT log is clean.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there)

outlook

Close control panel

Delete the following folder.

C:\Program Files\outlook

Please, download Brute Force Uninstaller: (you need to have internet connection to run the program)
http://www.merijn.org/files/bfu.zip
and unzip it to it’s own folder on the desktop.
Run the program and click the Web button located on the top right corner
Copy and Paste the below web address into the address bar of the Download script window:

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu

Checkmark the following boxes:
*Use settings specified in script for the above option
*Show log after script ends
Execute the script by clicking the Execute button.
Wait for the complete script execution box to pop up and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.

See if that helps.

My computer is finally clean, the worm is not popping up in any of my scan reports thank you howard_hopkinso you have been a huge help.

That`s good news.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back