Task manager, regedit and msconfig blocked + more stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalilcs

Hi guys, first of all I wanna say this site is GREAT, amazing amount of useful information in cases like this, plus people seem really great!

Lets get to my depressing problem at hand... recently my computer started acting a odd, nothing too obvious for the normal user but very odd to me:

- Task manager, regedit and msconfig were being blocked by something. "Used by another program".
- When I went to search the web for sites like this to find what I was infected with, some security pages were not being displayed. I had to refresh the page 3 times in order to load up successfully!

I figured I got a REALLY smart bug messing up with me, and I couldnt even know what was it, it was blocking the tools I use to read it!

I came to this site and I read some threads. Before I post anything I follow the 15 steps of Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. The funny thing was that after a few steps the problems started to slowly disappear. But these bugs are like bacteria, if you dont cut them completely from the root they will multiply and reappear again...

I wanna be sure this bug is not hiding somewhere still alive just waiting to kill my pc. Can you guys tell me if I still got something?

Here are the the 3 logs you guys ask for: hijackthis, combo and avg.

THANKS A LOT!

Attachments

• hijackthis log.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 6
Well done :grinthumb

I checked HijackThis log and couldn't find any malware present.

Hey you've got RocketDock, I used that once, and then got bored with it, it was fun though, maybe I'll put it back (The memory resource in Task Manager, may be too high though - please check it)

hey thanks kimsland! Im glad im not infected no more. I was reading in this same forum about using a virtual machine. Imma look into that so i never again put at risk all my priceless information and resources anymore!

yeah, i installed rockedock like a couple of days ago, and you are right, i didnt realized the amount of memory it uses! thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back