Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Task Manager won't come up when I hit control alt delete. I also can't open programs after they have installed. Can someone check the Hijack this attachment and help me fix my computer?

This shouldn't be running:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\dllhost.exe

Fix these:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [License Manager] "C:\Program Files\License_Manager\license_manager.exe " /silent

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} -

This looks suspicious to me:
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\micro1\f6.exe

Read the pinned links on top of this forum on how to perform fixes.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Mictlantecuhtli

I got task manager working by using avg and it found like 4300 something viruses(most were the same virus in a different file). it cleaned them all and now everthing seems fine, but i can't run some programs(games) andsome other things like msn messenger. I fixed everything you said to fix in hijackthis. Any ideas to get those programs to work?

Sounds like some system files got deleted along with viruses. Have you tried running system file checker? (Run sfc /scannow )

Mictlantecuhtli:

I found out that most of my programs that need internet run through IE7 and I uninstalled it so thats why they stopped working. I reinstalled it and everything seems fine. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back