Taskbar freezing on startup and when using windows explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementofice

Well its just that when I startup every time my taskbar freezes and turns blue for 2-3 minutes before finally loading the icons at the lower right hand corner. Also sometimes when I'm browsing or closing Windows Explorer and my Internet temp folders seem to be full of files, my taskbar will suddenly freeze while my desktop icons will become like this: http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/508/screenshot008jq0.jpg
for 2-3 mins before returning to normal. I don't know if it's because I have too many services trying to run at startup or if there are too many items trying to load at startup, because I already went to msconfig and cut down on the number of items and services that will load at startup but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean. However, you need to rename HijackThis.exe as per the instructions HERE, then post a fresh HJT log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

well if its clean i guess id ont need to put it back on. but can u think of any other problems that might cause my taskbar and desktop icons to do that? its getting annoying browsing through windows explorer and suddenly having the taskbar freeze and computer lag horribly for 1-2 minutes

You have not renamed HijackThis.exe as per the instructions, nor have you placed HJt in it`s proper location. Read the instructions in this LINK carefully, then post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, your HJT log is still clean. I had to check for any hidden nasties.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for the Ccleaner programme in step9.

Then, go and read this thread HERE.

See if any of that improves the performance of your system.

Regards Howard :)

if your files are clean you might check to see if you have printer jobs pending. My daughters computer had 15 jobs pending or qued and this kept the computer running slowly, not shutting off, slow booting etc. Clear your print cache.

k i did all that and right now startup seems much faster :D! only thing left is that the taskbar would turn blue for 1 second but i guess thats negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back