Taskbar freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaPatrol

Hi, I'm having difficulties trying to fix my computer, apparently my taskbar is COMPLETELY frozen. When I start up the computer, I am able to log in. Afterwards, I would move the cursor to the taskbar and it would have that waiting symbol. Apparently, it doesn't go away. So the only way to run programs for me, is to use task manager. But even task manager won't work UNLESS I disable explorer.exe on the processes. In doing so, I am able to launch Mozilla. Everything is fine this way except there is no taskbar and no icons. Also, solutions I've tried are disabling some startup programs that was not common at startup, did a system restore and it worked. I mean literally. It was fine when it restored, but when I restart, it goes back to its normal stage: FREEZING. I tried system restore twice and the same problem occurred. I'm running out of ideas. Also, when I try to open Control.exe on Windows Task manager, it just freezes after a few seconds. Safe mode is no good idea, it is the same as running it regularly. I desperately need help, and this computer is not even a year old! If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!

yes i do have anti-virus, and its norton 2005. however i doubt it is necessary since the scan's results are inefficient and removing viruses also fails too.

Not quite sure what you are saying.... why would doing a virus scan be uneccesary?

It has found some viruses?

No I didn't scan. I'm saying that even if I perform a scan, (as done so many times before this problem has started) the results are about 10 viruses, yet it fails to delete most of them. However I will still scan and I will post my result later.

Wow, OK.

So you already know you have about 10 viruses in your computer... that probably should have been the first thing you mentioned above in your first post, as it is probably the cause of all your headaches...

Yes, please make sure your definitions are up to date, do a scan, then post what it finds.

Well I did a search, and no they were not viruses, just adware and I removed them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my computer except when I restarted my taskbar froze for no particular reason. Any suggestions besides reformatting?

I'd recommend following the steps in this thread:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

and posting your hijackthis log file in a new thread for user "realblackstuff" to take a look at. I have heard of other people having the problem you describe (do a search and you'll find a few others) and realblackstuff has cleared up their systems for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back