taskbar hang at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently been having this problem...
when i start my com and goes into window after it load a while but not finish (sometimes when it load finish) the taskbar will be hanged...
like u cannot click the start buttom or see the taskbar icon at the left side of the click...(i mean when u point at it no names or desprtion come out)

can anyone tell me how to slove this?

i went to shc ot format my com but after installing a UT client 4 from sch i get this problem again...btw i get this problem after i install the ut client...so is there any way to check if it is the cause for the problem?
i tried uninstalling it after that and the problem still happens...how do i fix this?

pls reply asap thx i need to use my laptop in sch...T.T

C

caravel

It looks like the program you've installed is causing explorer to hang on start up. Try searching for an updated version of the program.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its the lastest version for that programme...dam....wat should i do...=.=
stupid sch

and after i uninstalled the programme the problem still exist...wat should i do?
how do i find a fix for that?

i can only play with my com for 2-3 minutes before it hang after loading the window..=.=

howard_hopkinso

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Give this a try. I`m assuming you`re running Windows XP/ME.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

Then, try system restore to before your problem appeared.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i dun think i can log in using my user name...i tried that and it cant...cuz i think its under a domin my sch created...so they can upload installation files into our com without asking....dam them

btw how can i find out what is the cause for the hang of my taskbar?
it is 100% that the taskbar will hang every time i on my com and load into window and after the taskbar hang i cannot use my com anymore... T.T

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

A quick fix would be to end the explorer process and restart it. Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Processes. Right click explorer.exe, end it. File>New task, type in explorer.exe and OK it. Other than that, i have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.