Teach me to Reformat 40 gb Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjangl337

u might remember me from that other thread ive decided to give up and just reformat the HDD but i really dont now how to do it :rolleyes:

You have Windows 2000 installed on your hard drive, and you want to format and reinstall??

In that case, place your Windows 2000 CD in the drive, reboot. Go into your BIOS on the way, and change it to boot from CD (ie.. set the boot order to CD-ROM first) and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Formatting and reinstalling could possibly not get rid of your problem. It is always better to try and fix it than format. Sorry we haven't been able to come up with a solution yet, but sometimes it just takes time. Best of luck with everything in the future if it comes back.

As far as formatting goes your CD will do everything for you, and just do as Phantasm has said.

poertner is right, its better for your learning and yourself if you don't give up too easily, but there does come a time in the end where you are better to sometimes.

umm i need to find my windows 2000 cd but if i dont have it is there another way?(to reformat) i have a windows XP cd with me

thanx it seems some things are working better than usual its just that probelm is very annnoying im just gonna wait awhile u can destroy these threads and pm wit solutions if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back