Techspot is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
Techspot is finally back after a few days of downtime. The restore of our server took more time than expected due to a failure of our RAID-1 mirror a few months ago that went unnoticed, so we had to restore from tape backups instead...

We are now running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, which will hopefully bring some speed improvements when compared to our previous ancient Red Hat v7.3 OS.

No data should have been lost since the site went down however. We continue to have some minor MySQL errors but those will be ironed out one after another over the day. So head into our forums and continue your discussions!

It's good to be back!

No doubt. You don't realize how much you miss certain things until you can't get to them. Welcome back.:)

Originally posted by Masque
No doubt. You don't realize how much you miss certain things until you can't get to them. Welcome back.:)

I'll second that. Sure glad it's back up.

A, nice to see the backup in place.

Though I seem to have lost a bit of posts... Luckily most of them werent' replies which helped the person out (from what I remember).

So the only problem I see is that there were a couple of threads which were created before the backup came online, which is gone. I just hope the people who posted them will re-post them if their problem wasn't resolved before they disappeared.
Maybe have a little one-liner about why some new threads are gone? (Those after crash, before backup being restored)

Good job everyone, and especially Per, i know youve been up late to get stuff up and running again...

//DiGGe

For those who are too lazy to join our IRC Channel (Cough link in the meeting spot), Per Hansson worked his backend off on working with this issue. I'm sure Julio had his hands full, and a few other people as well (Including those at theplanet, TS's host).

At least from a user's point of view.. special thanks to everyone who put their efforts in, heart, soul, blood, dirty socks and underwear, and firstborn children. Great to see the backups worked, but best to see everything back in order. :)

Good work guys.
Glad its back up. I've had to post at other forums to help with the withdrawl :eek:

Originally posted by digge
Good job everyone, and especially Per, i know youve been up late to get stuff up and running again...
Thnx, and thank you for the help you've given me with all my questions to you ;-)

Originally posted by Goalie
For those who are too lazy to join our IRC Channel (Cough link in the meeting spot), Per Hansson worked his backend off on working with this issue. I'm sure Julio had his hands full, and a few other people as well (Including those at theplanet, TS's host).
Thanks Goalie, I would like to thank everyone in the IRC channel that was able to answer all my strange an *****ic questions ;-)

I would also like to thank Wizzard from www.ocfaq.com, he has given me some very good help!

Also the guys in #apache and #perl on irc.freenode.net was of great help too!

Per should get all the credit, really. The Planet was helpful too and I mostly spent time configuring the actual site once all the dirty job had already been done by Per.

Other than a few people MIA, looks like we're up with EVERYTHIGN still.

Oh, and Julio, you do enough to keep things running you deserve a pat on the back anyway. ;)

Now if I can just get ya to change the front page IRC thread link... (/me ducks)

Honestly, thanks to everyone involved for the work, and look forward to more times in the realms of both the forums and IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back