TechSpot looking for writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
TechSpot currently has ONE open positions on its editorial staff, and we are hoping these can be filled by people from our same community. Positions available are as follows:

1) Part-time news editor
You will complement Derek's excellent work on the frontpage news. You will be required to research news items and write coverage for TS. A sample of such work can be seen on the frontpage, we are expecting a similar quality and style of posting. This position requires ~2 hours of work, 4 days a week.
I'm still accepting applications, thanks for those who have contacted me so far, I will be getting in touch very soon

2) Contributing editor === Now taken, Rick is back!
This position is exclusively being offered for taking care of TechSpot's Buying Guides (unfortunately Rick who used to work on them has been off for quite a while). You will be required to do research on your own for content for the guides, you will also receive assistance from the staff. You can find samples of this work here. This position does not require daily work however we are expecting at least one guide update per month.

Important
* We are looking for people who are passionate about technology. Being a TS community member is a big plus.

* Both positions are paid, however don't expect to get rich. The news editor position will be paid as a part time job, while the contributing editor, on a per article basis (you must commit to delivery every month however).

* English skills are a must, of course. If possible, we'd like to see a sample of your work; ideally, something technology related.

Still interested? We want to hear who you are (name, forum username) and what your experience is. Please send all your applications to my email with subject "TechSpot Hiring!" for more information.

Thanks and good luck!

*Edited text is in RED ;)

What I'd really like is someone who could concentrate on new hardware news, new software, leaving me able to devote more time to security / industry news, etc. Being able to co-ordinate with me via e-mail, IM, etc would be necessary. Its a great opportunity to get into technical news writing, hard work but worth it.

Nice opportunity!

I wish I had the time or I'd threaten to apply. :haha:
There is good skill in the members,
as well as current staff.
I think this is very cool to look here (TS) first!!
I'm very curious to see who you end up with...
I've never known any site like this, let alone
a technical one.

I don't have time to write anything - but I'd really like to proofread some of the stuff before it's put up.

Hehe - my writing skills suck - but I'm a hell of a proofreader when it's not my own work. You know how you always read in the things that should be there but aren't. I also know the proper use of your and you're as well as affect and effect... unlike most people. :blackeye:

I absolutely love writing, so of course I've already fired off my email :p

It would be great to see more TS news, regardless of who it comes from.

Soul Harvester said:
I absolutely love writing, so of course I've already fired off my email :p

It would be great to see more TS news, regardless of who it comes from.
So, you'd be willing to trade in your Paladin sword for a
Mightier pen?
For what it's worth You got my vote!

No more applications are being accepted, thank you and good luck to everyone who contacted us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back