Techspot Upgrade?

Maurice

How do I get upgraded from "newcomer in training" is it dependent on length of time enrolled? I ask because I have found this site EXCELLENT!! I entered the world of computers at 72, after I became a widower [anyone else out there in the same situation?... like to hear from you!] the ease of use of this site is amazinng, makes me wonder why people bother with Microsoft Help....they're NO help at all, even when they deign to reply. A friend who is very experienced in IT, wonders if Microsoft itself is to blame for the latest "worms"......I know, you can't possibly comment, walls have ears [or should I say "gates???]
With my chequered experience in all that life can throw at you, perhaps I could be of more use at Techspot?
There is an error in my Details, I was born in May 1931, not as shown, how is this corrected please?

just hang out

and you'll get promoted.....and yes,......... I am here, ......therefore, .......this site must be ......EXCELLENT ;>B.......isle of wight? heh.......must feel claustrophobic ;) anyways, welcome :wave:

Originally posted by Maurice
How do I get upgraded from "newcomer in training" is it dependent on length of time enrolled? I ask because I have found this site EXCELLENT!! I entered the world of computers at 72, after I became a widower [anyone else out there in the same situation?... like to hear from you!] the ease of use of this site is amazinng, makes me wonder why people bother with Microsoft Help....they're NO help at all, even when they deign to reply. A friend who is very experienced in IT, wonders if Microsoft itself is to blame for the latest "worms"......I know, you can't possibly comment, walls have ears [or should I say "gates???]
With my chequered experience in all that life can throw at you, perhaps I could be of more use at Techspot?
There is an error in my Details, I was born in May 1931, not as shown, how is this corrected please?

Are you for real? 72! That's great. We are so pleased to have you here if that's the case.

As far as I am aware, the only current metric for rank is post count, however we have discussed a more realistic system on several occasions, and I was behind removing post counts together as a possible idea.

I am very pleased that you have posted and I am sure that I speak for everyone here when I say welcome to TechSpot. We love new members here.

We, do not, love

"All" new members...........some are just tolerated :grinthumb

Maurice, I've got the same error in my profile, same birthday shown as yours, although not correct. If you look at the calender though, it's correct, at least mine is.

By the way, welcome to TechSpot.

Glad to have you aboard such a great community.

I would love if my grandparents could use a computer easily and understood what was happening. I think that is very cool.

Have a good one. :)

I appeciate poertner's comments, but it gets very lonely at times, my late wife & I couldn't have children, we had been married 40 years when she died of cancer at 62, my only close blood relatives are three cousins [& their children, & that's it. Not looking for sympathy, just letting you people know why communicating with people, through my PC or otherwise, is so important to me. I have quite a lot of friends {no, I really do} but my PC is my only real hobby, & I have been told I have the brain of a 40 year old,{hope he didn't mind!} so that's something, & now having joined the Techspot "community", I feel a littl better {pathetic, isn't it, or not.....?}
Thanks too, to Phantasm66 for his comments, I'm not sure about JSR's remarks though; "some are just tolerated" I worked at Parkhurst Prison for nearly 20 years,.....are some of your members ex-cons, I wonder?

Oh, JSR,......I just KNOW!!!, had a "meaningful" conversation with Reg [Kray] once, what he couldn't do for a price, even from in there!

Speaking of title "upgrades", congratulations to those who recently took themselves to the next level, getting designated Paladin and Chancellor titles.

TS Forums Rankings

When you register to TS Forums you will be designated a custom title, these were created with the only purpose of giving you that special feeling when you join our community and as you spend more time around how you can grow and learn with it. No preference nor discrimination or offense should be taken regarding titles; you can feel free to ignore them if you don’t like them.

First titles given to users are managed by the forum software and are based on your post count:

Newcomer in training: Self-explanatory.

TechSpot Member: Registered members with 50+ posts.

TechSpot Enthusiast: Registered members with 350+ posts.

TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.

TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 900+ posts.

This second tier of user titles is given manually:

TechSpot Paladin: “A strong supporter or defender of a cause”. In order to qualify for the Paladin title, a user must have been registered to the forums for over 1 year and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Paladin title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Chancellor: In order to qualify for this title, the user must have been registered to the forums for at least 2 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Ambassador: In order to qualify for this title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 3 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot and its staff members appreciate the time you spent helping and making the community grow, in a certain way, we use these special titles to show that appreciation for your efforts. Also note that given the nature of this second group of titles, you should feel free to nominate any of your fellow members, however asking to be granted any of these titles for your own, will bar you from consideration for several months.

All this located here.

Wow, you must be really old. I've got my whole life ahead of me... I'm 16. Well anyways, welcome.:giddy:

Re: just hang out

Originally posted by JSR
and you'll get promoted.....and yes,......... I am here, ......therefore, .......this site must be ......EXCELLENT ;>B.......isle of wight? heh.......must feel claustrophobic ;) anyways, welcome :wave:

You just got promoted to Banned! Congrats!

Originally posted by TS | Julio
Speaking of title "upgrades", congratulations to those who recently took themselves to the next level, getting designated Paladin and Chancellor titles.

Yes, I find the new appelation...fitting! But who got Chancellor?

TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.

TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 900+ posts.

That is not correct. Take a look at my post counts.

Originally posted by TS | Julio
Typo there acid, it should be 950 instead, fixing now... thanks for the note.

Thanks Julio :). I've been wondering about that for a few days after I saw this thread. Figured it was a good idea to go ahead and say something about it in the forums. I thought maybe I was demoted :p.

I believe you can do this through Julio, good luck,

Maurice
good.gif

Back