TechTV for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Paul Allen, the entrepreneur and co-founder of software maker Microsoft Corp., is looking to sell his technology-related cable channel TechTV, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing people familiar with the situation.

TechTV, owned by Allen's investment firm Vulcan Ventures Inc., is worth $250 million to $300 million, the paper said, citing sources. A TechTV representative was not immediately available to comment to Reuters.

Read more: CNN Money.

Jeez... its impossible to keep that channel running! First it was ZDTV... then it was sold and became TechTV... now its up for sale again? damn...

I have never really watched TechTV given where I am based, however I have heard a lot of good things of it, not to mention, just the idea of having a TV channel specializing in PC Stuff sounds just great.

I just bought the thing as one of my optional channels - if it goes down the crapper I'm going to be pissed. Actually it oculd be a good thing - say the trash anime unleashed (/me hides from papa) and ad in another tv show that is geared for a bit more advanced computer users that would be awesome.

I have suggested they ad a more advanced show twice, I encourage others to do that. feedback@techtv.com I think.

Yo... TechTV is great. Everyone can learn from that channel no matter how smart you think you are. I really hope it stays on. Its worth paying extra for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back