Tempature definitly, Graphics or Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick'o ram

I have a external tempature moniter (one with probs) and as soon as the probe that is on the northbridge chipset reaches about 105.8 or above the screen will instantly turn all blue and freeze. However i'm not entirely convienced its not the graphics card because I would be lisinting to music and the music dosen't stop or freeze it keeps on playing like theirs nothing wrong. So if anybody has any suggestions that would be nice.

If its the probe on the northbridge chipset, then your northbridge is overheating, not graphics card.

How did you place your probe? I'm going to have to assume you had to remove the heatsinks to attach the probes, and you probably didn't re-attach the heatsinks right.

As far as the music, I've got no idea why your computer would continue playing music, but its frozen over from overheating. Are you playing music directly from your DVD/CD drive?

Its on the top of the heatsink, I never actually took it off. I check the event log, and it turns out I get a error code 102. I have no idea what that means so if anybody has any ideas thanks.

I think that your video and audio are separate so your graphics can freeze while you still may hear your audio. 105F or 105 C?

If the music plays on, keep dancing. The PC has not frozen but the graphics output has stopped. In my book, blame the graphics card. Have you got a spare fan you can jury-rig to blow air at it while the PC is running - even if it cools it by a few degrees it will make a difference.
Hope this helps

I disabled the 1394 on my computer and all the blueouts have stopped however I've had the side of my case off now for awhile.

You need a fan blowing into the side, or it could potentially be worse than just having it on.

I already have one, my case is a raidmax horizion and I have already filled up all the available mounts plus three extra. Could it have been the onboard 1394 controller?

When I meant fan blowing into the side, I meant if you're taking off the side panel, you need a table fan blowing in there, or it'd definitely be worse than having it on.

It could possibly be the onboard 1394 having conflicts with something else. But I wouldn't be in a hurry to put the blame solely on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back