Temperature Monitoring Recommendation Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell XPS system which I find out after purchasing it, has no temperature sensors installed.

I am looking to add temperature sensors to it for at least the processor and video card, and possibly fan control. If possible, I would prefer these to me monitored and controlled by software and not a separate unit in a drive bay.

Is such a setup available and, if so, can someone please advise me on this? This would have to be a relatively easy installation!

dforrest said:
This is a Dell manufactured motherboard and, as far as I can understand, no sensors are attached.

I have never seen a dell with them installed. I do know that the HDs that are with most dells do have sensors in them. As far as adding them on, i have never seen them on the market. Maybe someone else has.

If there is no sensor built onto the motherboard to monitor the CPU temperature, I don't see how an aftermark will be able to.

The only way I can see an aftermarket do that is to integrate it with the heatsink. At that point, what is the difference between that and sticking the outdoor part of the thermometer to your heatsink?

(coolness factor not included).

tdeg said:
If there is no sensor built onto the motherboard to monitor the CPU temperature, I don't see how an aftermark will be able to.

The only way I can see an aftermarket do that is to integrate it with the heatsink. At that point, what is the difference between that and sticking the outdoor part of the thermometer to your heatsink?

(coolness factor not included).

I agree with this. I was pointing out the CPU wasn't monitored, but not expecting a solution.

Unfortunately after purchasing my new system which was to be "top of the line" I agree with you. I am very disappointed. No temperature monitoring/fan control, no advanced BIOS setup, a NIS CD which is a pre-release version and will not LiveUpdate ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back