Terrible Framerate - WoW Raiding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

A fellow World of Warcraft player told me to visit these forums to ask for advice about a problem I have been suffering with. We raid in the game, and for the past week I have been experiencing terrible framerate when we do boss fights. I practically freeze up from start to finish. It is not just the boss fights, but it shows its worst when we do them. Now, I have installed Norton AntiVirus a while back before this problem occured, and I hate the program to death. Also, if I know how to restrict some background programs from running may improve my framerate as well, like how blackviper.com used to show. I am pretty sure those are the sources of my framerate issues, but I cannot do them. I go to the remove programs list, and Norton isnt there. I really dont know what to do. I really cant reformat my computer at this very moment due to some personal reasons and I need it running without taking a whole day updating it back to present status.

Any advice will help, thank you.

ATI Radeon 9800 XT
AMD 3200+ 2.2GHz processor
Western Digital HDDs
2x 1GB dual channel RAM

To tell you the truth, Norton is probably your problem... That program takes up all your system resources / CPU usage just to run it

Also if you could check out http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and see if your computer can run WoW ( It probably could but just to see )

If you really want a good antivirus program get AVG anti-spyware / anti-virus
and for a Firewall get Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall

Hope I helped :)

Oh also if you cant get rid of Norton go to this topic https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html it will tell you how to get rid of it

You can try disabling or reducing certain aspects of your graphics configuration to isolate the problem. For example, if you reduce or turn off shadows and it runs well, then your CPU is to blame. If you reduce geometry / polygon complexity and it runs well, then your CPU is to blame. If you reduce something like visible distance, then your CPU, memory or hard drives could be to blame. If you reduce graphical details such as texture details, then your graphics card is probably to blame.

Don't forget that your connection speed makes a big difference - especially in RAIDs - so if you're on super basic DSL or even ISDN or dial up, you can expect poor raid performance.

I'm an old school, long time player of WoW (thank god I quit...). Raids are very taxing and while your system is pretty good, it still isn't enough to handle WoW at the height of large town raids. It should be able to handle most epic raids though, like Molten Core etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back