TFT Screen Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefer999

Hi All, I just got a snazzy new system and built it yesterday. (You can see it's spec in my profile).

My problem is that I'm running two machines through a Belkin switch box into an Iiyama ProLite E430S 17" TFT monitor, and with my old machine, the screen is crystal clear, but with my new machine it is fuzzy with shadowing.

I've installed all the latest NVIDIA drivers, the laster Iiyama monitor drivers (although my old machine doesn't need them). Both machines are on the same version of Windows XP Pro.

I'm really at a loss about what to try next. :( Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Nefer.

Try plugging the screen directly to the 2nd machine & see if you still have the problem ( that way you can rule out the possibility of a faulty switch connector ).

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Someone else that likes badminton... wow.
An extra special welcome for you :D

I've noticed that there are font smoothing options in XP that I tried with my Hyundai Q17 TFT and it just made it look fuzzy. Check you don't have something like that enabled. Also do you have both machines connected via RGB? Or by DVI? As Didou says try the connection straight from the card ;)

Thanks for the help guys... running monitor straight into card works sweet thanks. Just means I can't use my switch box anymore :dead:

Cheers, Nefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back