THA MySpAcE THREAD

I think bebo is better
http://bebo.com/
but I think I have a myspace account too, I vaguely remember getting one I think. They can be a real time waster though, I used to find myself on bebo just doing the e-version of wandering around doing nothing really. Wait a minute, used to? I still do that here! :haha:

SIRwILLETT said:
its a lame site for people to brag on themselves

ok wth? myspace is a place for frendz...oly people that have no life will make a myspace and brag...

well again, losers with no-life start the drama... ME ANd my freinds have no problem and its a great way to contact freinds we havnt seen in a while

w/e

i dont like it.its for drama and sexual predation,but granted its a good place for friends ,i just feel the bad out weighs the good

my 2 cents.

My daughter had a myspace acct and I nixed it. Her and her friends were posting pictures of themselves! Are you kids completely daffed?
Sexual preditors are adults and they can get information from you by very subtle questions. I'm not saying MS is all about deviants but you have to know that that's where most on-line preditors WOULD hang out. Why wouldn't you if that's your MO?

My impression of MyS was a bunch of teenagers bashing their crummy life, parents, school whatever or as SirWillet pointed out a pile of braggin BS.

The whole site is the e-space equivalent of my generation's hanging out at the mall on a Saturady afternoon with friends. The difference seems to be that when you're on-line there's no limit to what you say or how cool/tough you act. In my day if you got too out of line you got a punch in the mouth from your best friend!

I'm not sure if MyS is completely crap, I must say it does beat the kids actually being at the mall and doing something really stupid to impress their friends.

Peace.

WElll I HAve no problem with it... ONlY THE STUPID PEOPLE WOULD TALK TO THE SEXUAL PREDDATERS>>... I dont add any1 i dont know... So do all my freinds... WHo would be stupid enuff to Meet some1 you met online..?! lol

akaivan said:
WElll I HAve no problem with it... ONlY THE STUPID PEOPLE WOULD TALK TO THE SEXUAL PREDDATERS>>... I dont add any1 i dont know... So do all my freinds... WHo would be stupid enuff to Meet some1 you met online..?! lol

Well that IS a very wise choice young akaivan. Just know this: These predators don't try to be so bold as to ask you to meet them. No, they find out details about you, just little ones at first. Like what grade you're in, what music you like, etc. This would tell them approximately how old you are. Then they can probably know what sex you are. This can go on for weeks and then they know what city you are in, etc etc.

An FBI agent working undercover on a on-line chatroom, met a 14 yr old girl on-line. To make his point to her parents, he showed up at her house one day. From half a continent away!. He found out that much info from her by just pretending to be a 14 yr too. Where do you play baseball? Really I hate uniforms, I bet your uniform looks real gay!

Just be careful NOT to talk to strangers. Just because you are on-line at home doesn't mean you're perfectly safe.

Take care.

SIRwILLETT said:
ooooooo buddy! i like kirock he tells it like it is

Absolutely....and that's rock-solid information. MS definitely calls for caution for the underaged....and maybe for the "of-aged" as well.

kirock said:
Well that IS a very wise choice young akaivan. Just know this: These predators don't try to be so bold as to ask you to meet them. No, they find out details about you, just little ones at first. Like what grade you're in, what music you like, etc. This would tell them approximately how old you are. Then they can probably know what sex you are. This can go on for weeks and then they know what city you are in, etc etc.

An FBI agent working undercover on a on-line chatroom, met a 14 yr old girl on-line. To make his point to her parents, he showed up at her house one day. From half a continent away!. He found out that much info from her by just pretending to be a 14 yr too. Where do you play baseball? Really I hate uniforms, I bet your uniform looks real gay!

Just be careful NOT to talk to strangers. Just because you are on-line at home doesn't mean you're perfectly safe.

Take care.

yea i understand, but i dont add no1 i havnt met in person. ALso people not added to your freinds list cant look at ur profile.

kirock said:
An FBI agent working undercover on a on-line chatroom, met a 14 yr old girl on-line.

A VERY similiar thing happened in Atlanta a few years back! I think it was a school principal going on that site and acting like a teenager talking to little boys and trying to meet them, only thing was the "boy" was an under cover officer that he met up with and got busted! But that site IS terrible, my friends 14 year old daughter got in some trouble with kids from her own school lastyear because of that website.

Back