thanks for selling my email address!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I'm getting mail from American singles. At the bottom of the email is says that they got my email from your list. You guys are a bunch of jerks for not keeping imy address to yourselves.

I can't believe you have such little respect for the members on your list!!

I've unsubscribed from your mailing list and don't want to
ever recieve any information from you or any one associated with your organization!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't think here at techspot keep our addresses. Most probably ameican singles got your email address using a bot or something.....

What a pile of nonsence. That was your first post with a joined date of October 2003. Seems like you made that story up, and joined the boards here just to be a prat. Please don't come back :=).

Maybe this is a mailing list service problem. I don't know how Julio has the service set up, but if he uses a third party to serve the list, there in may lie the problem.

Well I can say with a pretty good feeling that TechSpot doesn't give out your address. I am sorry that it came across this way. Best of luck to you.

I manage 100% of TechSpot's business & advertising side and I can confirm we have never sold any mail addresses from user registrations. I must assume he confused TS' name with something else... I know of a few other tech sites that sell mailing lists after the user has agreed to.

Just to make things clearer, when you join TechSpot the only mailing list you are automatically put into is TS' itself, although we haven't been running circulation for quite some time but we still maintain a registration scheme for a not so distant future.

I'm mailing chocked now for getting more information.

Thank you for the clarification Julio. I'm sure he got it mixed up somehow, or another site is just putting TS at the bottom of their mailing list for some reason. I would like to see the email personally to understand exactly what is going on.

No one else has this problem so it has nothing to do with Tech Spot. You shouldn't use your real email address when asked for an email address on any websites. Get a hotmail address for that purpose. That is where your problem is coming from.

Chocked's email address was non existant so that's as far as I could go, in any case if what he said was true, we would be getting dozens of complaints daily, don't you think?

Acid> Your actual email address should be save with us, you can specify to make it private to any other members, too, which give PMs a double purpose.

Either this chappie has got the completely wrong end of the stick, or he likes to upset people.

Either way, forget it. Its not our doing.

He's definitely a Jackrabbit. He joined and posted that message on the same day (probably at the same time also). Even bots don't work that fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back