The best tech deals we could find on Amazon Prime Day (updated)

Ivan Franco

Staff member

A deal is a deal, and we’ve gathered some of the best discounts we could find on tech you’ll love. That means, we've gone through dozens of listings to filter only highly rated products that we would otherwise recommend, but right now you can get them for less...

• {pf id:184193 size:small} SanDisk Extreme 2TB Portable SSD for $228 (usually $460)
  • {pf id:182855 size:small} Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless gaming mouse for $28 (normally $60)
  • {pf id:221939 size:small} Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD for $314 (normally $400)

Bonus Track

• {pf id:225240 size:small} HP Spectre X360 13 Laptop at HP Store for $899 (normally $1050)
  • {pf id:221061 size:small} OMEN 30L RTX 3090 Desktop PC at HP Store for $3099 (list $3200)
  • {pf id:212341 size:small} Omen X 27 240Hz Monitor at HP Store for $560 (normally $650)

Expired... may come back

• {pf id:229966 size:small} Alienware m15 R4 (RTX 3070) Gaming laptop for $1,999 (usually $2,400)
  • {pf id:232448 size:small} LG Gram 16 with 256GB SSD, 16GB of RAM for $1,200 (list $1,400)
  • {pf id:164305 size:small} Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth speaker for $179 (normally $300)

Permalink to story.

Something is off here......the g502 sells for 40-50 all day at best buy or less. that mouse is nowhere near worth 80 dollars.

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB is not normally $230 - I literally just bought one - they have been $200 everywhere for the past month or more. So this is a lie from Amazon.

> Logitech G915 TKL Lightspeed Wireless keyboard for $180

I have been interested in this keyboard. However; the image on Amazon of its 'Enter' key is not standard US/English. I looked at their website and its not clear what version you would really get. Also, I would want the "tactile" (like the Cherry Browns), but in black. That is not listed on the Amazon page.

Does anyone have experience with the Logitech? I currently have a Corsair K63 TKL Wireless. Its so-so. I discovered I much prefer low-profile keys, which the Corsair does not have. I wish there were more standardized low-profile aftermarket key caps with better/bigger letters for these things.

I guess I can wait...

Saw a few decent deals but they weren't strong enough to tempt me to buy stuff I don't actually need.

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB is not normally $230 - I literally just bought one - they have been $200 everywhere for the past month or more. So this is a lie from Amazon.
Truth: My wife and I walked into a Penney's 40 years ago and the watch was marked as originally $129 on sale for $12. Older then dirt

LOL, Amazon probably spent the last couple weeks jacking UP the prices of things, then "lowering" them 20 bucks what they were before they raised them, just to make it look good.

> Logitech G915 TKL Lightspeed Wireless keyboard for $180

I have been interested in this keyboard. However; the image on Amazon of its 'Enter' key is not standard US/English. I looked at their website and its not clear what version you would really get. Also, I would want the "tactile" (like the Cherry Browns), but in black. That is not listed on the Amazon page.

Does anyone have experience with the Logitech? I currently have a Corsair K63 TKL Wireless. Its so-so. I discovered I much prefer low-profile keys, which the Corsair does not have. I wish there were more standardized low-profile aftermarket key caps with better/bigger letters for these things.

I guess I can wait...

I would wait and buy locally
Test the keys 1st if you have the chance
I have that keyboard with tactile brown, but would likely get the blue next time
The Logitech clicky blue is not nearly as loud as Cherry blue

Razer has great Optical "Clicky" switches, but unfortunately, they are attached to Razer Keyboards (LoL)

That new Razer Black Widow V3 Keyboard is UGLY!
I got the older V2 for about $90 on sale at Best Buy
Amazon Prime sale price for the ugly V3 version is WHAAAAAT? $180?
OMG!

I got a "NEW" Razer Deathadder V2 Pro (wireless) mouse at Best Buy yesterday for $79
I only bought it for the optical switches as my Logitech mice keep going bad after a year or two
Amazon had a "Refurbished" one yesterday for $79.99
Today, Amazon has a new one for $75.99

Don't follow the marketing hype
Go out and shop for yourself

Last edited:
Has the article been updated? It shows 2TB and 400, which is usually in their average price on amazon this year.

LOL, Amazon probably spent the last couple weeks jacking UP the prices of things, then "lowering" them 20 bucks what they were before they raised them, just to make it look good.
amazons prices flucuate all the time for many items anyway. that asus rog has gone below 1900usd for pretty decent stretches this year and last year. razer blade 15 peaked at 1500 earlier this year and stayed around 1300 and lower for the past few months, and it took until early april this year for the price to drop below 500 for OP8. 3rd party sellers jack their prices up higher

I would wait and buy locally
Test the keys 1st if you have the chance
I have that keyboard with tactile brown, but would likely get the blue next time
The Logitech clicky blue is not nearly as loud as Cherry blue

Razer has great Optical "Clicky" switches, but unfortunately, they are attached to Razer Keyboards (LoL)

That new Razer Black Widow V3 Keyboard is UGLY!
I got the older V2 for about $90 on sale at Best Buy
Amazon Prime sale price for the ugly V3 version is WHAAAAAT? $180?
OMG!

I got a "NEW" Razer Deathadder V2 Pro (wireless) mouse at Best Buy yesterday for $79
I only bought it for the optical switches as my Logitech mice keep going bad after a year or two
Amazon had a "Refurbished" one yesterday for $79.99
Today, Amazon has a new one for $75.99

Don't follow the marketing hype
Go out and shop for yourself

Thanks Bullwinkle! We don't have major local shopping options here, but that is good advice, especially for something as personal as a high end keyboard. And thanks for the input about the various brands/models.

You accidentally got me looking at the Razers, which I have mostly avoided. The Razer Tartarus Pro - Black might be my answer in combination to my TKL keyboard. I like the extra room the TKL gives me for my mouse, but some games need a lot of keybinding. I have a separate cheap extra RGB number pad, but it hasn't helped like I thought as its keybindings are the same as the number row on my Corsair TKL.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-keypads/Razer-Tartarus-Pro/RZ07-03110100-R3U1

It sounds like you are not really satisfied with the Logitech TKL?

I was looking at upgrading my 4 year old Gear 3 Frontier watch. Found it on the prime day "deals" for x amount. Went to Samsung's site to look up the details of the watch (s3 Titanium) With the trade in of my FOUR year old watch, got the price down better than the prime deal buy quite a lot.

Thanks Bullwinkle! We don't have major local shopping options here, but that is good advice, especially for something as personal as a high end keyboard. And thanks for the input about the various brands/models.

You accidentally got me looking at the Razers, which I have mostly avoided. The Razer Tartarus Pro - Black might be my answer in combination to my TKL keyboard. I like the extra room the TKL gives me for my mouse, but some games need a lot of keybinding. I have a separate cheap extra RGB number pad, but it hasn't helped like I thought as its keybindings are the same as the number row on my Corsair TKL.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-keypads/Razer-Tartarus-Pro/RZ07-03110100-R3U1

It sounds like you are not really satisfied with the Logitech TKL?

No, I'm satisfied with the Logitech Keyboard

I just find Clicky keys a bit more satisfying as long as they are not as obnoxious as Cherry Blues

I can't sleep with those in the house!

I also needed keyboards with Volume wheels

I don't use Razer software for the keyboard or mouse though

I match the color and brightness of mouse and keyboard with RazerGenie in Linux Mint, and the settings remain that way, regardless of what Operating System I boot to next

I bought Gevalia DeCaf today just as a usual order. It was $10 off for 6 bags so I got twelve. That's a deal

No, I'm satisfied with the Logitech Keyboard

I just find Clicky keys a bit more satisfying as long as they are not as obnoxious as Cherry Blues

I can't sleep with those in the house!

I also needed keyboards with Volume wheels

I don't use Razer software for the keyboard or mouse though

I match the color and brightness of mouse and keyboard with RazerGenie in Linux Mint, and the settings remain that way, regardless of what Operating System I boot to next

Bullwinkle, quick question: On your Logitech KB, is the enter key an unusual shape? I see on the Amazon page the layout is not standard US, yet on the Logitech page most of the images DO show standard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085RFFC9Q

Also, when you say volume wheel, do you mean as opposed to the "roller" on the Logitech?

Bullwinkle, quick question: On your Logitech KB, is the enter key an unusual shape? I see on the Amazon page the layout is not standard US, yet on the Logitech page most of the images DO show standard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085RFFC9Q

Also, when you say volume wheel, do you mean as opposed to the "roller" on the Logitech?
The roller is a wide wheel
(Buttons for volume control are a FAIL)

"MY" Enter key is normal
You need to verify what you are getting with Amazon (not me)

Last edited:
Back