"the disk in drive F is not formatted" problem when trying to use my card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this problems been bothering me for a long time seeing as i cant look at pictures/videos off my camera.... When i hook up the card reader and go to look at whats on the card i get the "the disk in drive F is not formatted" error. I Googled what to do, and the answer all around is using Partition Magic or Partition Doctor, But when i get these programs booted up, i have no idea what to do.... Its only looking through my Drive C which has no problems...

Ive also noticed i get the same error no matter what brand of card reader is used.... So its definately a problem with my computer (I use a Dell XPS Laptop)

Can anyone help me out please? Ill try to answer any questions if you need me to be more specific.... I just need to either find a way to fix this via NOT partition programs, or someone to tell me how exactly to use one of the programs....

Thanks

Have you gone to the Dell site to download and install all the latest BIOS, Chipset, and all the many other downloads offered.
Dell will look over your computer and automatically download and install all those chunks of software.
Usually, this is all you need... provided your Microsoft Updates are Up to Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back