The Fall of Max Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Anyone gotten this yet? It came out yesterday.
Anyways, it has some interesting graphical settings in options. Something called Mirrors, that I had to disable....and Post-Process Effects. If I had either of these enabled or set too high, the in game screens were either solid white or black screens...I'm running a Geforce FX 5600 256mb....anybody know exactly what these settings do?

Regardless, the game is kickass and the graphics are superior to anything I've seen in a long time....it's def. not for the faint-hearted...it's 10 x more disturbing and shocking then the 1st one.

Anyways, have fun.

yea i think he was kidding around.. just a little bit in the wrong direction.. anyways!

My dad cant wait for Max Payne 2.. he loved the first. Im anxious to see how theyve done the graphics/textures.

i also liked the first one. I'll have to wait till it gets shipped here.

BTW, how old is your dad agissi?

Gamespot gave it a 9.0/10. The gameplay and feel is exactly the same as the first though they did tweak bullet time a little.....looks different, but doesn't really effect the usage.

I've already jumped in shock a few times, especially in the dream sequences....have fun...

I can't wait to get this game after I get paid next week I'm gonna go grab it. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I'm sure it will be just as good as the first if not better :)

I really liked the Havoc physics in the game (rag doll models, interactive objects, etc.) Yeah, that's liked, I finished it on Saturday. I've started it on the next difficulty level but I doubt I'll finish it twice. My only complaint is that it seemed shorter than the first one. I highly recommend it if you'd like a taste of what's to come in HL2 or Doom3 in regard to physics. The storyline is a good extension to the first.

its a great game, same engine as hl2 and physics engine. Its everything max payne was but just better. great sequal.

I just beat it tonight, I thought it was pretty good. I like Max Payne 1 equally as well, and it seems a lot of people didn't like Max Payne 1 as well.

If you have beaten halo on legendary like i did (two player mode on xbox lol), max payne 2 isnt that hard esp. with the 'stupid' ai (shoot one bad guy in a hard section, retreat and the rest follow like morons)

I did like the story and graphics though.

Max Payne 2 have very good graphic and i love those rag doll animation.
One thing that make it a little bad is game lenght, it very short, you played it awhile and .....wow credit begin to roll up.
Well at least Rockstar still make a good sequel from the first one, good job guys!
It's there any chance for Max Payne 3??

Yes, at the end of the credits they say something. I forget what exactly was - but it indicated that there is going to be a Max Payne 3.

It's short but an awesome game. My CD-ROM doesn't install it but hopefully that'll be fixed.

Read the manual and it will tell you what Mirrors are and Post-Effects are. Too bad you didn't buy a Radeon 9800 bro, I can run it with everything maxed out! On a 700Mhz PC! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back