The Matrix: Reloaded (Animatrix Discussion added)

SNGX1275

The Matrix: Reloaded

The Matrix: Reloaded trailor comes out tonight. 12:00 AM 5/16/2002 in New York. 9:00PM 5/15/2002 in Los Angeles. Looks like I'll be watching it in about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Source: www.thematrix.com

Ack! I'm tryin to download it but it just stays as an empty box with a 3D box in the corner! Why God, why?!
*Sigh*
I'll get it off KaZaA. Phooey!

I had heard they were making a sequal or rather two sequals for that but I thought it was just a bad dream or a cruel joke. The Matrix was the worst movie with the best special effects that I have ever seen, I'm sure the sequals will just be more of the same 360 camera shots and slow motion. Not to mention the lack of plot and bad acting.

Whatever happened to movies with a story, it's been a long time since I've seen a really good movie. Most movies that have been released in the last few years have had killer effects but they lose the plot somewhere among the smoke and mirrors. I'd rather see a movie with a good story line rather than special effects as that seems to be the trade off in Hollywood these days.

Went to the website and tried to d/l it but couldn't as the files weren't found in the server.

Luckily a friend of mine managed to grab it off quickly enough :D

Anyway... The trailer isn't really too long; too short in fact. 1:18 mins for a 24MB d/l (the high res version).

The intro was too long with Lawrence talking too much and the action sequence was rather dissapointing :( OH well, but it does look cool though :D

Originally posted by StormBringer
Not to mention the lack of plot and bad acting.

Whatever happened to movies with a story, it's been a long time since I've seen a really good movie. Most movies that have been released in the last few years have had killer effects but they lose the plot somewhere among the smoke and mirrors. I'd rather see a movie with a good story line rather than special effects as that seems to be the trade off in Hollywood these days.

Lack of plot????
People who have escaped from the web of lies that is the matrix searching for someone who has the ability to understand it well enough to guide them in the war against the machines who use their body heat and chemical reactions for power and store humans like batteries!!!

The plot is sound. The film just doesn't do much to develop or support it. I agree that it is an "action no brainer film" to a degree but when you consider the actual events in the film the plot isn't left lacking like some other action on brainers (e.g. Bad man hurt/kill my friend, me hurt him back). I also agree that it was pretty much all about the special effects but it could have been a lot less thought provoking of a movie.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I had heard they were making a sequal or rather two sequals for that but I thought it was just a bad dream or a cruel joke. The Matrix was the worst movie with the best special effects that I have ever seen, I'm sure the sequals will just be more of the same 360 camera shots and slow motion. Not to mention the lack of plot and bad acting.

You need to go see Memento.;)

In all honesty, I enjoyed the Matrix.. I openly admit it wasn't the plot that had me interested, it was the cool fight scenes and watching the characters develop through the movie. But I did enjoy the move, nonetheless.

The plot itself, was a unique concept in a way. It's part of the now, more cliché "Are we really here?" philosophy, but you don't see many movies taking advantage of this plot. The biggest hole in the plot though has to be the body heat thing... I just can't help but think how it would take more energy to generate heat than just making a fire or something. ;) I mean, unless they are feeding these people insanely nutrition packed vitamins, I don't think anyone will be generating much heat for long... And it would be far from efficient.

I agree with Arris, about the support and development of the plot itself. You can only cram so much in a 2 hour movie though, and they decided for the action angle. Surely, many people get the urge to see a good beat'em up from time to time, right? Even if it is very seldomly? :) :blackeye: It's the same reason people go to see Jackie Chan movies still. hehe. :)

I'm looking forward to the second one too. Not because I want to see what the plot is like... Just because I want to see some cool kicks and punches of creamy goodness thrown at the dark and terrible faces of ultimate evil.

Originally posted by Rick
The biggest hole in the plot though has to be the body heat thing... I just can't help but think how it would take more energy to generate heat than just making a fire or something. ;) I mean, unless they are feeding these people insanely nutrition packed vitamins, I don't think anyone will be generating much heat for long... And it would be far from efficient.

Give Phantasmm some Chicken Satai & see if he won't produce enough heat to last all winter.:D

i really enjoyed the story till the very end where mr. reaves go, "ooh. me suddenly get super power and beat bad guys in 2 secs" ;)

It's part of the now, more cliché "Are we really here?" philosophy
yeah, i really like the plot.
some time ago, my friend had this theory that in reality, us humans could only see stuff in 2D, but we imagine that we could see 3D. the debates go on for the whole lunch break, and we came to a conclusion: he needs some sleep. :D

Originally posted by Didou

Give Phantasmm some Chicken Satai & see if he won't produce enough heat to last all winter.:D

Well of course that's it. The machines were feeding the human's phantazmm's peanut chicken satai and that's why they could produce enough heat to make it worth the machines while....

Stereoscopic vision gives us two images which we combine with the brain giving us depth perception, which in turn translates into being able to see in 3d (length breadth/width and height). Playing fps games is where we allow ourselves to imagine that the images on screen are actually at different distances even though they are displayed on a flat screen. So in a sense the use of 3d graphics on computers has us "imaging that we can see in 3d". ;)

Well that's a mix of just about all I remember from my neuropsychology lectures about vision and improvision :D

Originally posted by Ai Hate
i really enjoyed the story till the very end where mr. reaves go, "ooh. me suddenly get super power and beat bad guys in 2 secs" ;)

That's almost that point, though. That the hidden gates of power are encapsulated within the axis of "reason" and solidarity that was the Matrix, perceived as the real world. When Neo realises that in fact the Matrix is nothing more than an illusionary world "there is no spoon" 1001101101010101010101010101010101010100011001011, he instantly gains the power to control it, as a dreamer might have god like control over a dream if he in fact realised that he was dreaming...

"He's beginning to believe..." - Morpheus.

Belief does often have a singular moment of revelation, and its belief that endows Neo with his new powers. Its fitting then that his omnipotence steams from one singular defining moment and that the "bad guys" are defeated easily thereafter. Its saying that belief is the most powerful weapon of all, which indeed it very likely is.

"I think, therefore I am"

can also be read as

"I believe therefore I am"

Its a bit like God waking up one morning and realising "hang on! I made this universe! I can do whatever the hell I like!"

Rick they used humans for power because there was no trees left to burn for fire, and I'm sure Earth has ran out of all natural resources except maybe geothermal and oceanic wave power, then they'd have to run lines to get the power to the center of a continent. Human power in that way was much more efficient... although where did they get the nutrients to feed us???

It was said that when people died, they were fed to the others. It was a full circle.

Gahh...When Didou dies of blood poisoning when he goes to a bad restaurant I don't wanna eat him! :dead:

I don't have Quicktime, and apple.com is a piece uh sh...(not surprisingly!) for downloading. It's doin this wacky thing where it downloads the download manager. Has all these Asian characters on the screen.
This increases my hate for Apple and all it's blasphemy.

And I can find nothing on KaZaA.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Gahh...When Didou dies of blood poisoning when he goes to a bad restaurant I don't wanna eat him! :dead:

That won't happen as long as I don't eat in a restaurant where you work.:D

Yeah. Like I'm going to work in a restaurant. In Europe. If I did and you walked in I would poison the food "unintentionally" ;)

Just cuz you won't let me be an op in the IRC channel anymore!:hotbounce

Originally posted by Rick
The biggest hole in the plot though has to be the body heat thing... I just can't help but think how it would take more energy to generate heat than just making a fire or something. ;) I mean, unless they are feeding these people insanely nutrition packed vitamins, I don't think anyone will be generating much heat for long... And it would be far from efficient.
Fire requires fuel & seemingly there was none really left (The sky was scorched as they said, thus plant life would have pretty much have all died up). People don't require too much food to keep em going & they just recycled the dead so there was a constant replenishment of the energy source & their "fuel"

The Matrix was the best film I'd seen the year it came out I think. The visuals more served the film than the other way around. Some of the images were just amazing - seeing where the humans were "farmed" & then the baby inside one of the pods being fed with the liquid, just excellent.
Good bit of relegious stuff in it also - images/ideas.
2 & 3 should hopefully expand on it all a great deal more, though presumably the 2nd will have some sort of cliffhanger ending given then 3rd will be out months after it. The next year of films gonna be great for sure though from december - The Tower Towers, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions & the The Return of the King.

The Tower Towers?
Twin Towers, right?

I haven't actually seen the LoTR movie yet. Maybe I'll get it when it comes out on video...

I truly can't wait for the Matrix 2. I bought the first one on DVD, and now I'm gonna get the second! :D

Back