The Right AMD64 Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

I'm in need to change my AGP video card (6800 128mb) because I am an enthusiast gamer on a budget, I've been having trouble finding AGP cards now days so I decided to go with PCIe since I've got to catch up with new video products.

My plan is to swap Abit KV8 Pro, AMD64 3000 (754 Newcastle) and 6800 128mb video card for an AMD64 3200 (939 Venice), 6800GT 256mb but I'm still lacking the right motherboard... as you can see the level of improvement is minimun, but right now I can sell my actual hardware and get new one.

Someone recomended me Asrock 939Dual Sata, but im having doubts about Uli chipset..... I am looking for a stable mobo, in other words best deal for around US$80.00.... all mobo's ranked are over 100 dollars so I figured you guys have the right one for me since I bought the abit because it was recommended here.

Thanks in advance!

I have heard good things about it actually, but that is mainly becuase of it's support for both AGP and PCIe (that is the board you are looking at, right?).

I remember researching that board well. It performs very well, and is not that far behind the big makers, both in AGP as well as PCIe.

Another interesting thing I have heard about that board, is that it is the ONLY board currently out that claims it will be compatible (using some sort of adapter) with the new socketM (I think that's what it'll be called) that is due out next year, replacing the socket 939.

Interesting board to say the least. Then again, I am also a believer in buying good chipsets. The nforce4 is, to put it simply, brilliant. So stable, and such a great performer. If it were my money, I would probably go for an nforce4 chipset based board. Gaming, overclocking, stabilty... yep.

Hi. take a look at the MSI K8N Neo 4. Nice Mobo. Had one myself. It was my first Msi Board. Previously owned 3 Asus mobo's. Asus is good Boards, but i had problems installing Windows on my sata drive. Had to install mobo drivers first (hassle). Msi board detects my sata drive the momment i switch on my pc. and installing windows on a Sata is as simple as installing onto an ide drive.

Used it about 3 months.I had to upgrade my mobo for Crossfire. would have sold it to u. I still have it. too bad i live in South Africa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back