The screen is really small

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryedman

Error loading operating system

HI did a reinstall and when it finished the window is small, when I change the resolution it still doesnt fit the whole screen

I have a latitude c840
Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go
win xp
Q, do I have to install the drivers for this pc vidio card?

cheers

fry

error loading operating system

should have seen that comming

by the way if it seems like I asking a lot of things, the reason is I got 3 of these laptops for free. ya!

2 are up and running and 1 more to go.

this last one looks like it will be a bit of a problem child.

error loading operating system

I tryed exchanging the optical drive and HD

any ideas

cheers

fryed

Might need to flash the bios and also make sure the laptop can support Windows XP. (If that is what you are trying to install)

I would check and see what bios is installed now. Then go to the mfgrs website and see what new bios is there if any and see what any new bios's do for you. There is usually a list. If it doesnt say that it will help with win xp, then, personally, i would only do that as a last resort.

If you have a floppy drive, best way to get win xp installed is to use a win 98se boot disk, when you get to dos then have the hard drive mfgrs diagnostic program on a floppy disk and run that. When you get inside that program you will find a "write zeroes to the hard drive" program, run that.
What is does is repair the master boot record and put the hard drive back to the state it was in when it left the factory, minus wear and tear of course.
Another reason to do this is that mbr's get messed up by virus and windows errors and prevent win xp from installing. Try it, you might like it, works for me, although i dont do laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back