The Ultimate Mod! (Case Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by uncleel
Saw "Mainframe" pic in an issue of MaximumPC

I caught that too Uncleel, that man has either way too much time on his hands or has no life, Wait....If I wasn't married, I'd have no life either.....and a post could in the 1,000,000....Just kidding ;)

that, my friend, is an insane rig... :D
paint the room balck, and he'll have an operational deathstar! :darth:
phantasm66 would love it :darth:

The DeathStar is entering orbit, sire...

da guy is insane...
TheRack0.jpg

DeathStar for sale... only $80K...

he is insane...
Originally posted by F1:
There's probably about $20K+ in that rig right now.....If you had to buy everything new that is comparable to what is in the system now, it would be about 4 times that amount. The racks and hardware associated with them are the biggest expense.......
:darth:

i am wet...
Originally posted by F1:
There are 5 systems in the DS...These are the specs on the main rig.....

MSI K7D Master (MS-6501)
Dual AMD MP1900 Water-Cooled
2048MB Corsair PC2100 ECC Registered DDR
ATI Radeon 8500 128MB Video (315/340)
Mylex AcceleRAID 352 64MB Caching RAID Controller U2W160
Initio 9100 U2 SCSI Controller
Adaptec 2940 U2N (SCSI 2/SCSI 3) Controller
3COM 3C-905C TX NIC
2 > Seagate Cheetah X15 15,000 RPM U2W160 Harddrives RAID 0
Yamaha LightSpeed CRW3200s U2N (SCSI 3) 24x10x40 CD-RW
Plextor UltraMax 40x U2 SCSI CD-ROM
SAF U2 SCSI 8x20 CD-R
Hitachi GF2050 U2 SCSI DVD-RAM / DVD-ROM / CD-ROM 2x8x32
Delta Electronics DPS-600 Dual-Redundant PSU {700w Max}
19" TTX Digital Monitor
21" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitor

BattleMoons.jpg

And the specs; These are rigs I use for specific functions and greater multi-tasking ability....(Starting at the bottom)

BattleMoon Bane (Network Backup)
MSI KT266 Pro
AMD 1.4 @ 1667
OCZ Monster II/Delta HSF
1024MB Mushkin PC2100 ECC DDR
2 * IBM 75GXP 30GB HDD RAID 0
Kenwood 72x CD-ROM
Plextor 12x10x32 CD-RW
VooDoo 5500 AGP Video
Promise FastTrak TX2 100 IDE RAID Controller
LinkSys 10/100 NIC

BattleMoon Sidious (Multimedia/Digicam/Scanner)
MSI KT266 Pro
AMD 1.4 @ 1667
GlobalWin FOP-38 HSF
1024MB Mushkin PC2100 ECC DDR
2 * IBM 75GXP 15GB HDD Raid 0
Kenwood 72x CD-ROM
VooDoo 5500 AGP Video
Promise FasTrak TX2 100 RAID Controller
LinkSys 10/100 NIC

BattleMoon Maul (MP-3 Storage and Playback)
MSI KT266 Pro
AMD 1.33 @ 1596
GlobalWin FOP-38 HSF
768MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
2 * IBM 75GXP 15GB HDD RAID 0
Kenwood 72x CD-ROM
VooDoo 5500 AGP Video
Promise FasTrak 100 RAID Controller
Kingston 10/100 NIC

BattleMoon Vader (General Purpose Storage)
MSI KT266 Pro
AMD 1.33 @ 1596 GlobalWin FOP-38 HSF
768MB OCZ PC2100 DDR
2 * IBM 75GXP 15GB HDD RAID 0
Pioneer 52x CD-ROM
VooDoo 5500 AGP Video
Promise FasTrak 100 RAID Controller
Kingston 10/100 NIC
:darth: :darth: :darth:

And it is safe to say Ai, he has no life either. You don't have a computer like that AND have a life... just doesn't work...hehe

I would change those monitors...
Why didn't that guy spent more on some awasome 18.1" LCD monitor? Or maybe a Sony 24" FD Trinitron???

Im surprised to see all the IBM GXP 75's in there. Those drives dont have the best track record.

Originally posted by svtcobra
Im surprised to see all the IBM GXP 75's in there. Those drives dont have the best track record.

This pic is kinda dated, I saw it awhile ago, he probably doesn't have IBM's in it anymore. ;)

Well, he choose to build the machines with them..Even when they came out they were bad drives.

i want to see him try and open that window! lol Anyways, that setup is CRAZY and it must heat that room in the winter...

I originally posted that chappie there with the Death Star back when we still had the original forum software before the change.

I even have an e-mail from him which I will try to find.

Basically he explains that he was lucky enough to find a few of the racks and stuff in a dumpster.....

One man's booger is another man's treasure....

Interestingly enough there is a photograph of the guy himself on another forum site and he looks little like the Emperor as well....

(No offence if you happen to be reading this....)

It is alive!!!!

hehe. he reminds me of Phantasm66 :)

Originally posted by F1:
Don't let them get to you; your system looks fine. If it's functional and gets the job done, it's alright by me no matter what rig you use.....

Originally posted by Phantasm66:
Don't be too proud of the technological error you've constructed...

:darth:
vader.gif

Thanks for the system specs Ai! That computer or computers or whatever it is, is absolutely unbelievable. I can't even begin to imagine putting that much money into a computer. It must be nice to have money to do whatever you want to with it.

Also, the IBM drives don't have the best track record I agree, but I've had my two 75's for a while now with no problems. Plus, with the cooling he probably has, I doubt he'll have a problem with them.

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Thanks for the system specs Ai! That computer or computers or whatever it is, is absolutely unbelievable. I can't even begin to imagine putting that much money into a computer. It must be nice to have money to do whatever you want to with it.

Also, the IBM drives don't have the best track record I agree, but I've had my two 75's for a while now with no problems. Plus, with the cooling he probably has, I doubt he'll have a problem with them.

You know Super, you just jink'sed yourself by saying you haven't had any problems. I suggest you just go out tonight and buy replacement drives. ;)

I should pay that guy a visit. I've bought quite a few CDs lately, I wouldn't mind ripping them all in half an hour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back