The Windows NT/XP command-line set

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

Hi,
anyone know where to find a freeware set of command-line utilities suitable for XP home? There are some 100+ commands in, for example, the MKS toolkit. They mostly conform to the Unix syntax and can be invaluable for special purposes. I an particularly keen on obtaining a TOUCH command at the moment.

Background .... XP in it's wisdom/stupidity, if you have an NTFS formatted drive, will cheerfully change the date stamps of every file on your drive by +/- 1 hour when summer time begins and ends. This plays absolute havoc with backups, PC-to-PC transfers, Web-site updates and more.

A really clever TOUCH command able to reverse this insanity would be an absolute boon for me. Any hope anyone?

You don't need the Touch command, you can do it with a windows-program.
See the attachment

Attachments

• ftime200.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 28
thanks realblackstuff

Have a pint of the black stuff on me !! Excellent software, better than I could have hoped. Only thing falling short of sheer perfection is an inability to recurse through directories...

Have a barrel of BlackStuff

You are amazing ! That software is exactly what I need. Will cost me just a few dollars, so happy with that.... :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back