Thermal paste Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on building my new pc for 4 days now...Went and bought all new parts i went with the asus p5n-e sli board and quad cpu only to bring it home and have major problems with it hanging before loading O/S on it..They said either bad bios or the ram i was useing OCZ800 Wasnt compatiable...anyway i went bought a new board the nforce 680i SLI yesterday only to find a few bent pins on the Mobo socket....Bending back didnt help and every time i boot no video shows ...Tech says take it back...NOW TO WHY IM POSTING :p
When taking it out i accidently got thermal paste on the other side of the quad CPU ...I was wearing seran wrap around fingers lol...Am i screwed or is this fixable..If so please explain what i need to do or buy cause i have to go out today to exchange my MoBo for the same one..Thx alot

Just take the thermal off of the device. If you got paste on the transistor side, it't probably OK. If it doesn't work, it's still under warranty, tell them you want another one. I think it will be fine...that stuff is mainly silicone so it can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back