ThermalTake P4 Dragon 478 noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a Thermal Take p4 dragon cpu heatsink and fan... and its really noisy.. anything i can do abou tthe noise? any settings i should mess wiht or anyhting?

Originally posted by grey
any settings i should mess wiht or anyhting?
NO! don't mezz wiff Thermaltake Dragon Orb for P4 478

Modern cpu's gererate alot of heat hence the high RPM fans.
Two options. Sound deadening material. Or an 80mm fan adapter, which will supply airflow (cfm) @ lower rpms.

I'm running a Delta fan @ 7000rpm on a copper hsf... sounds like a jet plane.

lol cool, yeah mine sounds like if i have a hoover vacum in there :)

guess i'll have to get used to the noise.. no biggie.. thanks!

grey

You can use Dyna-mat to deaden the sound. It works pretty well. Or you can put your case in a desk cabinet like I have, with the dyna-mat lining the cabinet(though mine doesn't work very well anymore because I have modded the cabinet to include a window on each side, one of them is also an access panel. I also put a window in the door so all that pretty much took out all my matting material.

Re: Re: ThermalTake P4 Dragon 478 noise

Modern cpu's gererate alot of heat hence the high RPM fans.
Two options. Sound deadening material. Or an 80mm fan adapter, which will supply airflow (cfm) @ lower rpms.

I'm running a Delta fan @ 7000rpm on a copper hsf... sounds like a jet plane.

That's what I did to my GlobalWin WBK. I couldn't stand the Delta fan and replaced it with an 80mm fan @ 3000rpm. The temp increased by a mere 2C. Well worth the trouble!

Just have to find out another way to use the darn fan {g}

BTW, I thought stock HSF for P4 are good enuf? My friend is running his 1.6A @ 2.2 with stock HSF. No problems at all; although his temp is around 55-58C

Originally posted by lokem
My AXP1600+ @ 1.4Ghz hovers from 42C-48C depending on my room temp. Tried oc-ing it to 140 FSB, went up a few degrees... Nothing to shout about :D

I got almost the same numbers here, I'm getting between 42C-44C but I keep the room temp pretty cold in here. This room is only 12'x11' and I sometimes have three or more machines on for testing or just mucking with them, it gets pretty warm in here so I ran an extra vent from my Central Air unit to keep the room cool. I think it halped some because I used to get between 42C-50C

That's a very good temp. At least you can control the room temp since it's small and comfy. I've tried just blowing a table fan to the CPU and it's the temp is still quite good @ 43C.

Can't say the same about the temperature outside i.e. 35-37C {G}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back