Thermaltake PSU w/ A7N8Xe-deluxe won't boot past pre-post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. been awhile since I have been here.

I just bought a PNY Verto 6800gs, and a Thermaltake TR2-430w PSU to go with it for my computer.

I changed the video card, and no problems. I put in the new PSU, and it only gets to check memory, and then freezes. Anyone know what might be the problem? I did read somehwere about some incompatability with psus and some motherboards. Would a bios change help? I checked the PSU with a tester, and everything checks out.

I'm running my rig with AMD Athlon XP 3000+, two DVD burners, floppy, one SATA HDD, and one ATA HDD, and finally an internal Zip drive.

It runs fine with my old 350w psu, but with the 430w, it freezes. Help please! It's too much of a hassle for me to return the new PSU to Amazon.

It could have just been a falty PSU. Athough It is highly recomened that you use the bare amount of 400 watts.

You're gonna need to return it. But before you do try it in another computer.

If it works you may have answered you're own question.

If it runs fine with the old 350W power supply but not with the new Thermaltake 430W, I would say it has to be a defective power supply. If you don't want to return it for exchange or credit, that's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back