Thermaltake Volcano 6CU Removal Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCZElite

Hi guys.

I know i haven't been on for some time now lol. But this is one thing i wana know and learn how do without killing or dretorying any valuable chipsets on my old comp.

Q: How do i safely and non painfully remove my current Fan? which is noted as my topic. And pics will be nice or any simliarites to this fan. Thansk

Hmmm

Is it a chipset fan or are you talking about the Heatsink on your CPU itself...

What socket is the motherboard ?

Maybe take a pictue and post what you want removed.....???

Ok

On the base of the heatsink you will see a chrome metal bracket running through the heatsink. This is the retaining clip that holds the heatsink to the motherboard.

At the base of the CPU socket you will see where this bracket secures itself to the socket. ( there should be 3 tabs on the CPU socket that the heatsink bracket is attached to. However depending on the model heatsink you have, it may only attach to one of these tabs.

On the bracket on eaither side of the socket you will see a notch or a nipple big enough to fit a flat head screw driver into or against.... Place the screwdriver in the notch, push down and away from the tabs of the CPU this should pop off the retaining clip.

Be Careful not to slip and damage your motherboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back