ThermalTake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheezHead

Can one of Y'all tell me what the ThermalTake GiantII GPU cooler wont fit?? my cap on $$ is like 150USD. my shopping will start with your advice.

thanks

That is on SICK cooler dude...here's some specs that I found:

"A universal clip helps insure compatibility with both nVidia based and ATI based video cards."

(1) The video cards without the heatsink mounting holes or with components that interfere with the heatsink cannot accommodate this product. (2) The heatsink occupies an adjacent PCI slot. (3) If the components on the video card interfere in any way with the heatsink components, you cannot use this heatsink. In such a case, you should immediately stop installation and return the product. (4) This heatsink if quite large at ~4.5" wide. It will add some height to the top of the video card when installed. In some thin cases such as the Casper II this may make it impossible to reinstall the video card. Make sure your case has space above the card slots before deciding to use this cooler.

It would be nice if ThermakTake listed known cards that simply don't work with it...

And here's a decent review link going over the finer points:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Tt_Giant_II/

Hope this helps...let us know if you get it and how it works out...

Thanks for the info lowman,,i have the Giant II on my MSI GeForce MX-440 64meg 8X card and its awsome i can OC the Core the highest it will go @ 350mhz, and the mem speed @533mhz but im looking for more power! LOL

More Power

Happy to help Cheez...let us know what you end up going with...I'm building a gaming machine next, and I need all the feedback I can get...this is gonna be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back