Thief 3 with horribly slow frame rates on ATI Radeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I just recently bought Thief 3 and found it to be horribly slow with regards to frame rate. I have a home built system with a Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ (not overclocked) sitting on an ASUS P4P8X motherboard with a brand new ATI Radeon 9800 PRO and 1 GB of DDR3200 memory from Kingston. Sometimes this thing looks like a damn slideshow, and my system is no weakling when it comes to graphics. I have heard that Omega drivers are another option when it comes to drivers for the video card (I currently have Catalyst 4.11 installed). I have Far Cry on here and that seems to run just fine with no chop. Any suggestions or anyone out there have the game and know what I'm talking about??

I would first apply the patch, (don't think this will fix it, not mentioned in notes about slowness). You can get it here: http://support.eidosinteractive.com...roblemType=13&searchText=&game=168&platform=3

Maybe try to uninstall it and then re-install it in case of corrupted files.

I would contact Eidos tech support for this to see what they say.
May want to try to downgrade the driver a level or two, may be an issue with the current video card driver.

Just some idea's

Patch worked, thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks very much, the patch seemed to work. Dunno if it was the catalyst patch or the game patch, but something did it. THanks a bunch!! :knock: :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back