Think Im having video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, Im kinda new at this community, but I am very desperate for help. I have been trying to run a couple of Sims games on my computer, but they keep crashing while I play. I think it has something to do with my video card. My card is a Radeon 9600, and I have already updated my drivers but the games still dont seem to work. I have tried everything from closing background tasks to uninstall and reinstalling and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I need help if anyone knows the answer to my problem please let me know. Thanx.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately my crystal ball doesn`t appear to be working right now lol

Go HERE and read this post.

Also, could you please be a little more specific, I.E which Sim`s games are giving you the problems? and when you say that they are crashing, what exactly do you mean?

Does your machine fit the minimum system requirements for the games in question?

As much background info as you can provide will help us to help you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Sims2 and Simcity 4

I have been trying to play Sims 2 and SimCity 4, but everytime I go to load it the screen goes blank then goes back to the desktop. On Sims 2 an error report comes up saying that an error has occured and will shut down the program. I own a pentium 4, and I have windows XP professional on my computer. I have LOTS of harddrive space so that cant be the problem. Like I said before my video card is a Radeon 9600 and I have already updated my drivers. I also have Direct X 9.0 on my computer to. I am not sure, but I think there might be a problem with my video card, but I wanted a professional opinion on it. Thanks for you reply. I appreciate the feedback.

Have you tried uninstalling the games, and re-installing them?

Also visit the sims website to see if there are any patches available.

You also need to have Directx 9.0c installed.

Regards Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back