Thinking about upgrading sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'm not too sure I need to. RIght now I have a Santa Cruz, and recently got logitech z-680s, so far, they sound great. But maybe they can do better. Is it even worth upgrading? If so, what would you recommend?

Sound card upgrades are one of the few types of upgrades that are largely unnecessary unless you're looking for something specific. If your audio already sounds great to you and your current card supports the features you want, ie. surround sound, mic, headphones. There will be minimal noticable gain from a sound card upgrade.

You could get a new sound card fairly cheaply, just look online or try your local circut city, best buy, or CompUSA

Giturar said:
But I'm not too sure I need to. RIght now I have a Santa Cruz, and recently got logitech z-680s, so far, they sound great. But maybe they can do better. Is it even worth upgrading? If so, what would you recommend?

From what I understand the Santa Cruz is somewhere between an audigy 1 and audigy 2 in sound quality.

I would not upgrade unless you were planning on getting at least the base model X-Fi.

Now do you need an X-Fi? Depends on what and how much you use your system. with a set of Z-680s would says it is not an urgent upgrade but there will be some noticable difference during critical listening. If you decide to upgrade your speakers then a X-Fi would nearly required.

You guys did notice that this thread is almost a year old? No real need to resurrect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back