This Is Totally Doing My Head In Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnsexeter

This is driving me mad

Got a Compaq Presario S5550UK that used to randmly crash with BSoD 0x0000050 win32k.sys

I've changed the RAM, Graphics Card and Hard Disk to no avail. Checked both HD's with chkdsk and manufacturer software, no errors. Checked both RAM sticks with MemTest and both fine. Graphics card is also fine. BIOS is the latest version from Compaq site and all other drivers are latest from Compaq or Windows digitally assigned (where available)

However I'm now getting a different error 0x00000C2 bad_pool_caller

Attached are the 2 first minidumps after a total clean install to the new hard disk.

Somebody please please tell me whats going on with this, its a work machine and starting to really hinder my daily work.

Thanks In Advance

PS I also get random crashes in software applications such as Internet Explorer, Office etc. Its also a high spec machine but doesnt perform to what I would expect, and should be quicker than what it is - especially after a new install of XP SP2

Chris

I can't read your minidump file (no have the software) some1 else will do that.
In the mean time remove the left side panel and ensure the computer is clean of dust, especially the CPU Heat sink fan. (HSF). Try running it with the side panel off.
Another very common BSOD cause is a weak/dieing powr supply unit (PSU).
You can read the amps on the 12 and 5 volt rails by looking at the label. See my LABEL pic below in my sig line. In that example the 12V output has 28Amps and 5Volts has 32Amps. How many does your have for the 5 and 12V outputs?

Cheers.

thanks for your reply.

The unit is clean inside

Cant take the other side panel off as its press studs instead of screws. No dust in the heat sink or anything

Power supply is 250W 12V 14 amps, 5V 25 amps

0x0000050 STOP page_fault_in_non_paged_area back with avengance!

If I cant fix this soon I'm putting an axe to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back