This Page Cannot Be Displayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darel001

okay , so my cousin called me up and told me his internet wil not work. I tought maybe its his modem since i had a similar prob with this same modem from sbc att. So i tought if he puts my old modem it will work ( now i got a wireless one from sbc) so the internet worked. But now he called me up last week telling me internet doesnt work anymore. I tried SYS Restore, but nothing.

Tryed schanging with new ethernet card, nope.

It acquires network adress and connects with modem but no page display.

Tried turning off windows firewall, but same.

ANYONE KNOW WHATS UP?

otherwise im just gonna reformat his HD and reinstall everyithing.

THX

reformatting without knowing where the problem originates from is inadvisable and may create more problems than a 'quick' (read: 40 minute reinstall of windows xp, minus programs) fix. This should be your last resort.

Have a read of this: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html

-Modem plugged in via the USB or Ethernet?
-disconnect all other devices (if ADSL 1/2/2+) from the phone plug except the modem - phones, fax etc.
-disable your firewall(s) temporarily.
-check connection settings in IE and network connections are correct.
-check the service status over at your ISP in your/their area
-check the lights are dancing to the correct rhythm..
-user name and passwords correct?
-even on a well known website like google no ping?
-open up start >run and type in cmd then type in tracert yourisphomepage.com where yourisphomepage is the home address of your ISP. See where it times out.

N3051M said:
reformatting without knowing where the problem originates from is inadvisable and may create more problems than a 'quick' (read: 40 minute reinstall of windows xp, minus programs) fix. This should be your last resort.

Have a read of this: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html

-Modem plugged in via the USB or Ethernet?
-disconnect all other devices (if ADSL 1/2/2+) from the phone plug except the modem - phones, fax etc.
-disable your firewall(s) temporarily.
-check connection settings in IE and network connections are correct.
-check the service status over at your ISP in your/their area
-check the lights are dancing to the correct rhythm..
-user name and passwords correct?
-even on a well known website like google no ping?
-open up start >run and type in cmd then type in tracert yourisphomepage.com where yourisphomepage is the home address of your ISP. See where it times out.

ETHERNET
\only have phone and dsl modem
alrdy tried d sabling FW
NETWORK CONNECTIONS I DONT KNOW?

DONE REST EXCEPT
TRACERT i will try this thx.

Also, try using Firefox 2.0. Some pages that IE can't open, Firefox opens them very easily.
Just a quick tip :)

Nothing is connected at all! I mean it says connected but the little connection computer at the bottom never blinks even tough its connected .
I tried FF, but ty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back