This symbol -- ÿþ -- delivered by e-mail instead of message- what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use two e-mails: Thunderbird and Outlook Express. Both go through COX.east.
Occasionally my e-mail messages don't go through. Recipients get instead this symbol shown in title above. Recipients then accuse me of whatever. This familiar to anyone?

Tedster said:
do your server smtp incoming and outgoing match? are you using encryption?
Not using encryption (don't know how) and my server is:
pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net
(I thought "smtp" was outgoing only)
(Thank you for responding)

Well, Tedster, I hardly know what that means, and have never used Yahoo so I guess the answer is no. wbarb

YP garbage replaces e-mail messages

The "yp" symbol appears when using the Outlook Express "reply" or "reply all" -- just had another batch of them yesterday. I've now switched all my e-mail responses to Mozilla Thunderbird, and those go through. I've been wondering how I might erase the OE program and remount it. But the "remove programs" doesn't see it; I find no OE downloads at the Microsoft download station; & don't know how to extract the OE program from the XP disk I bought to upgrade the computer from '98' a couple years ago. I downloaded the Microsoft KB89 spyware cleanup program and it found no spyware in my system. So, you might say, I'm one puzzled dude. Will

outlook express if part of XP. you have to add/remove XP components in order to remove it. (not add/remove programs). Outlook is a stand alone program, you should be able to uninstall it if you have the full version.

I would just use thunderbird, it's a much better program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back