This years racing season

Per Hansson

Staff member
I'm just dropping of a note of where I'll be this summer. Currently I'm taking a 2 year IT Network-Technician course. The course ends the 21:th this month....

That same weekend I'll be heading out with my friend Andreas Mårtensson who races in Roadracing with his 2004 Yamaha TZ 250 Racer

I've been a mechanic for him during 4 years now, and this year we will attend all European Championship races...

The races we will be attending are these, each race begins with free training Thursday and Friday, then qualifying races during Saturday which dictates what starting grid you end up on the Sunday when the races are...

Since we start out in Sweden and have on avergae 2000km to each track to drive with our bus we usually will start on the Sunday or Monday before the race, it will also take around 2 days to get home....

2004-05-30 EC Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary

2004-06-13 EC Rijeka, Croatia

2004-06-26 EC Assen, Netherlands

2004-07-11 EC Most, Czech Republic

2004-08-01 SC Gälleråsen, Karlskoga Sweden

2004-08-08 EC Scandinavian Raceway, Anderstorp Sweden

2004-08-15 SC Ring Knutstorp Sweden

2004-08-22 Nordic Cup Våler, Norway

2004-09-19 EC Schleiz, Germany

2004-10-10 EC Cartagena, Spain

Our site is located here: http://www.johannesson-racingteam.se/
It is only in Swedish though... We will probably make en English version later this year also....

Cool. Nice to know there's another person whos into computers and racing here. Cept I race them cars... :)

Just came back from Hungaroring... We placed 4:th, very good...

We where expecting (hoping) for a 10:th place or so since this is our first year in the European Championship...

The English version of our site should be updated later today (just needs content which means I gotta write ;-)

Nice o come home and find 900 e-mails in your inbox of which around 30 where not spam... :pukes:

I was wondering, how hard is it to race the bikes ( I think it's motorcycles that you are racing, correct me if I'm wrong ;) ? I have heard that it is very diffcult to keep the bike planted firmly on the pavement. And congrats on your 4th place finish, that is a hard spot to earn.

Firebird; well, since I'm not the rider of the bike I can't know ;P

It requires a very large talent to race a bike of this caliber, it has 1 horsepower per kilo, and it weights just shy of 100kg...

Futher since this is a 250 Racer it requires allot of work; if things are not set they way they must accoring to weather, air pressure, air moisture track lengthe, track layout rider preference etc things just wont work...

When we race it's not 1 second we gain from doing something, we might gain a tenth of a second per lap which can be anywhere from 2 to 5km long...

This sport is for people with money, the best bike riders in the world, and they also require you to have atleast 1 mechanic full time...

----

We just came back from Falkeberg in Sweden... Our sponsor wanted us to do the Swedish Championshsip instead of the European in Rijeka which we had palnned for which collidid with this one...

Andreas placed first so we could not really have done any better...

Futhermore we got to hear this morning that the race in Rijeka had been cancelled due to very bad storms so we sure could not have been at a better place... Of course no fun for the riders who where there but still, we must smile for making this very good choice ;-)

Per / Over and out

I'm off for Assen, Netherlands, cee ya guys in a week or so (I'll only be home a day or two then through because we will be going to Most a bit earlier than planned due to them having practice races a week before the race...)

I'm off for Most now, Andreas crashed on Assen, the bike and him are fine though...

He was on fourth place when Molina tried to overtake Dickinson in the slowest coerner on the track and they crashed into each other and Andreas was so close so he hit them also... That was a bit sad since he had a quite good chance at getting a good position...

That is awesome Per. Good luck to your team!

There are alot of great pics on your site and I like the layout alot :D

We are off for a Practice race in Assen Holland/Neterlands, I will be back on Monday

I never said anything when we left for the EC here in Sweden, the bike broke down on the fifth lap of the race, he was then on fifth position, the reason we found out to be that the piston ring had broken and hit the exhause port which made the piston tilt and thus break off a large bit of it's backside... Thus we had to put in a new cylinder because it cracked between the exhast port and the power valve ports, we also had to get a new flywheel because it had eaten so my aluminium that the bearings where no good... Not fun to say the least...

Then on Ring Knutstorp in Sweden he crashed at the last lap when he was in the lead, it did however not matter because he had Sonni Harms right after himself which meant he would not be able to win the Swedish Championship anyway, Sonni had to be third and Andreas win for that to happen since he lead with 7 points... Now Anderas came on Second Place in the SC even through he crashed...

We did not go to the Nordic Cup in Våler, Norway because it was a pointless race for us, and as I said we are now off to Assen, it would be cool to see some of you guys there but I don't think anyone lives close enough

And we are off to Schleiz in Germany, will be back on Monday

There where two races in Assen, one on the Thursday and one on the Sunday, on the first race he crashed on the straight after the pitlane which has a slight right corner which you take at full throttle, he was trying to overtake another rider on the inside but he did not leave enough room for Andreas who was coming in about 20km/h faster so he hit his arm with the brake and the bike flipped around on the straight in 240km/h...

The bike slid 293m on the track and Andreas 197 meters, they never left the track... On the bike almost nothing was damaged, only the throttle was worn down like 5cm and also the footpin, the exhaust was trashed but we could use the same fearings as before, Andreas got a blister on his thumb and that was it. The guys in charge over security saw it on tape and they for sure thought the bike was scraps and that Andreas had broken every bone he had but amazingly it went as well as it did...

14:th place in Schleiz, Andreas was afraid to get into close fights due to the crash in Assen... And who would not have been...

Now we are off to Spain, will be back the 13:th this month I think... It is currently 27°C in Spain and here in Sweden it is about 8°C so it will sur ebe nice to go there... The tripe to spain is not so fun though, can think of more fun things to do than sit on a bus for 3050km :(

wicked - im into Motocross :D

godataloss -

when you get a bigger piston, you need bigger cylinder, biger crank, all this adds up more weight on the piston,etc, so you dont really get much more power, because everything is heavier.

No, I do not have the "C" drivers license... I'm thinking of taking it this winter though...

The other machanic in the team plus the team manager has a drivers license for the bus...

Back