Those darn trojans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegordon

I've been wrestling with a horde of trojan downloaders for the last two days - using a lot of tips on these forums because they're been so useful. I'm down to a last few, I wonder if anyone could help me out.

AVG found these two:

Trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.JVQ
(C:\Program Files\Common Files\{A89252D1-07D2-1033-0126-05070905002c}\Update.exe)

Trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.JVP
(C:\Program Files\Common Files\{A89252D1-07D2-1033-0126-05070905002c}\services.dll)

Counterspy also found these ones:

Virtumonde
Trojan.WinlogonHook.Delf.A

And my HJT log is attached below.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know - AVG, Counterspy, and CCleaner haven't been able to get rid of them so far.

Thanks,

Joe.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please rename the HijackThis.exe file to HijackThis1991.exe and post a fresh HJT log. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of joegordon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You have a real nasty infection there.

Please go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of joegordon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Oh my that took a long time :) Thanks *so* much for your help Howard, I've tried to follow your advice to the letter so far.

The only things I could'nt get to work were:
Adaware SE (which caused my computer to crash on install)
The look-to-me-destroyer Tool (which never re-opened as expected)

But I managed to use: AVG, AVG Anti-Spyware (which, I presume, is the same as Ewido), Counterspy, CCleaner, S&SD, and those three other Tools.

The latest AVG AS scan came clean (attached), although the S&SD scan I ran before that found around 5 infections that I fixed. I'm not sure what to make of the HJT log, but it's here anyway.

Please let me know whether it looks any better or not...

Thanks so much for your time, I'm currently doing a PGCE in Nottingham and having to wake up at 6:10, so it's much appreciated!

Joe

Download the Pocket Killbox programme frrom HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {849B9523-785F-4014-9CAF-079FB4A74C61} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\bshuhlfa.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {99E5B0AB-4592-4640-AC91-29FF490DFF0B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddaba.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bshuhlfa.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Thanks Howard, please take a look at this new HJT report. No viruses have surfaced recently, but I haven't done a battery of tests etc. today.

Regards,

Joe

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

I'll see how it goes. Would it be useful to run all the anti-spyware / anti-virus programs again, or is there any risk these can reinvigorate viruses? I can't explain how helpful you've been on this by the way - are there any projects you're working on I can donate to, or anything like that?

You can run the antivirus/antispyware programmes if you want. Running those programmes won`t hurt anything or cause any viruses/spyware to reappear.

Thanks for your offer of a donation, but this site is paid for from advertising. We donate our time voluntarily and don`t get paid.

Thanks again.

tired of these companies

After spending evenings for a week tracking down ddaba.dll/conhook, and 2 other trojans/adspy type programs I'm sick and tired of this bull from these unscrupulous advertisers!

I think as computer users we need to start hiring lawyers and start class action lawsuits to start nailing these people that refuse to allow use a choice of removing this garbage. The time Techspot people put in should be compensated, the others that pitch in and help should be compensated, We should all be compensated for our wasted time.

Any company that places a file on a computer with informing the owner, anyone that doesnt provide an accepted removal tool, anyone that installs software that needs a 3rd party solution for removal should be held accountable, and made to pay 'in cash' to ALL affected users!

Any lawyers out there want to handle the cases?
I'll bet that there are many privacy laws broken with these files, and probably several other laws too. Not to mention the wasted time and lost productivity that the computer owners expected and stolen from them by these people.

I'm done ranting, lets hear some productive solutions and cases being filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back