Time for an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Been to the site a few times checking out various things..... Here's my problem.....

I'm looking to upgrade my machine it's been a while since I've done one, but the machine has been very good to me, until I bought BF2142..... Here's my current rig.

P4 3.0c (HT)
1gig DDR 400 (the dual clocking thing so it's running at 800MHz
Intel motherboard (don't remember the model number)
PNY 7600GS 512MB AGP video (I just bought it)
250GB SATA

I've always built my own rigs, but looking at the costs of the gear to replace the machine completly, it just isn't worth it. I can goto a local bestbuy, but a machine and just replace a few parts (like the video card)

I've been looking at a few choices, one of them being an AMD the other being and Intel....

If you head to best buy's website here's what I'm looking at.....
A1720N and the A1730N

Unless I can build it for a cheaper price, I think I may have to go this route. I'm not going to use any parts from this machine, as I'm giving it to my 5yr old daughter. The new video card is going back so that I can get a PCI-express one instead.

Any suggestions or ideas, i would appriciate. I'm trying to not spend a ton of money on this... but I do want my games to run flawlessly..

Thanks again,
Dr. Woo

DrWoo said:
Thanks for the help on this one.......

/sarcasm off

Just because nobody replied after five hours, there`s absolutely no need to be rude. If you want instant help, I suggest you take your computer to a pc repair shop and pay for it to be fixed.

Members help out for free and on a voluntary basis.

Regards Howard :cool:

howard_hopkinso said:
Just because nobody replied after five hours, there`s absolutely no need to be rude. If you want instant help, I suggest you take your computer to a pc repair shop and pay for it to be fixed.

Members help out for free and on a voluntary basis.

Regards Howard :cool:

Will do... please delete my acct from this board.

Dr. Woo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back