Time Offset not working correctly?

RealBlackStuff

I live in Dublin, Ireland, where the time-zone is GMT.

But to get the correct time showing on your forum-pages, I have to select my time-zone as GMT +1.

Is this a technical glitch? Daylight Saving Time/Summertime ?

We have been having problems with the system clock keeping up for a while. It seems to keep getting ahead, or behind. Julio has fixed it a couple of times, but it seems to just work its way back out of sync.

I am not concerned about a few minutes accuracy, but there is a WHOLE HOUR difference in the GMT time-system!
Either summertime is not implemented on the forum, or the host-clock has no summertime.

Entered this message about 17:53 GMT (or 05:53PM GMT)

realblackstuff; your post shows created: 06-27-2004 05:49 PM, just 4 minutes off what you thought it would be...

When I create this post the time on the Techspot server is (according to "date"): Mon Jun 28 07:15:22 CDT 2004

I am at GMT+1 (Sweden)

Ok, it looks like you are right, I set the timezone in my settings to the same as the servers (CDT which is on summertime GMT-5) but the reported time was one hour off...

Unfortunantley the RHE3 "setup" tool does not let me choose GMT times, instead Country/City so I am not sure on how I can fix this...

Thanks Per, for agreeing with me.
It took me a while to figure out why that clock was always off, but now I know.

Try Dublin/Ireland for GMT.

No realblackstuff, I must set it at a GMT timezone

Otherwise we will have the problem we have now (with daylight saving making the clock one hour off)

It says the time is 5.35 at the moment and claims its GMT, i live in England, and its 18.40. I think its an hour behind. The clocks havnt gone back yet.

forget i said what i just said, i see the problem.

I live 90 miles north of SNGX, and am seeing the same thing now (since the upgrades.)

I don't think I saw it before, but I didn't really look.

Edit: About 30 minutes later, the issue doesn't appear to be there any more.

Well, I have done nothing to the server, it is keeping itself syncronised with the ntpd deamon, it is setup like this:

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Using_ntp_with_Red_Hat_Linux.html

To me the time is ok but the GMT is one hour too much, it is +2 but should be 1+

I tried changing to London time and then the time was one hour short of what it really was in London at that time...

EDIT: I should add that I changed the time on the User Control panel here in the forums... I did nothing to the TS server for this test...

I think that (the TS Server) is where the change needs to be made.
I live in the GMT area, and have selected (GMT) for my time-area.
My pages (at the bottom show the correct time, but strangely as (GMT+1) 1.50pm

Check out your time-zone tonight/tomorrow, as the clock goes back one hour!

In my timezone the change should be (marked at bottom of each page)