Tiscali provider compatable with other router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superjario

Hi,

Ive been with Tiscali broadband now for quite some time and have decided to move to Sky broadband as a man who worked for them told me it would be a lot cheaper as i have Sky television.

Ive bought a Sky router (Wireless), and have set it all up, my laptop then picks up the signal and i then enter the Network key and SSID codes and it says conected, duration 00.07 etc. However when i click onto Internet explorer it comes up with "Page cannot be displayed".

Does anyone know if using a Sky broadband Wireless router work when Provided my another provider? in this case Tiscali.

Thanks,

James.

Yes i have tryed that and various other websites but still wont work. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I put in the Sky wireless broadband cd and installed the software and followed the steps it told me to:

Where to put which leads etc, microfilters are in correct, Ethernet cable plugged in along with main socket suplly. And all lights are as correct and the same as what the Sky broadband cd told me it should look like.

I then click on "Install software" and it says error has occured when trying to finalize your wireless broadband set-up please check that the lights are shown as the following. (Which they are).

It then says did you recive a letter telling you that your broadband is live, you can then see if your broadband is live by the "I" light on the router being lit solid. Which it is.

Hope this is enough info?

It is quite common for ISP supplied routers Wireless or otherwise to be locked to their service only, especially the ones that they supply free or at minimal cost ,there are however workarounds for some of the locked ones, how to information can often be found on the forums more directly related to the ISP`s

Cheers HSC

Uhm, so you followed Sky broadband setup guide while your provider is Tiscali? That's not going to work.

If you want to get Sky instead of Tiscali, then you have to terminate your contract with Tiscali, make a new one with Sky and let them reconnect stuff at the local phone switch. Only after that you can use Sky passwords, usernames and such.

If you want to use this Sky router with Tiscali, follow the Tiscali setup instructions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back