Tokyo Auto Show

Maikeru

Does anyone actually care? I haven't seen a lot of press over here in the U.S. about the auto show.

CHIBA -- Thousands flocked to Makuhari Messe Saturday as the 40th Tokyo Motor Show opened to the general public.

This year's show has a strong focus on the environment and conserving energy, with automakers displaying their efforts to combat global warming and escalating oil prices.

There are 542 cars on display at the show, including futuristic electric-powered models and vehicles powered by fuel cells.

Among the activities visitors will be able to take part in are test drives of a fuel cell-powered car and plenty of hands-on workshops aimed at kids.

Organizers believe the number of visitors will exceed the 1.51 million the last show attracted in 2005. The Tokyo Motor Show will remain open to the general public until Nov. 11, with entry costing 1,300 yen, though students at junior high or high school pay only 600 yen and children younger than that are free.

Even less here in the UK.
All that is happening is that we will have all the decent motors taken away and these boring hybrid things imposed on us.

Tokyo Motor Show is one of my favorite auto shows even tho I can only see it on the internet.

Back