top 5 pc games

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Top 5

Definetly Half Life 2(with CS:Source).. Far Cry.. Call Of Duty 1 and 2... KOTOR 1.. and so many more! But I would say these are the games I would rate top 5! Oh and Doom 3 never played it so that might be on there not sure though! So many people say different things it is so confusing if i should even get it or not! :dead:

Half-Life 2

Without any reservation, Half-Life 2 is the best PC game ever made. I completely agree with PCGamer's high score (98%).

It has the most varied gameplay (with interesting twist), a great plot that keeps you guessing, and the graphics is stunning. The AI could use a bit of improvement (Far Cry's AI is the best in all games), but that's a relatively miner thing. It's smart enough to kill the player time and again.

But the most important selling point for HL2 is its modability. It comes with Hammer, which allows you to make your own maps and enjoy an endless series of custom maps (check out www.snarkpit.com.

I promise that you won't be disappointed. And you don't even need a ridiculously high-end machine to run it. I played it with Celeron 1.1 GHz with 512 MB and Radeon 9200.

See you at the SnarkPit! :cool:

warhammer 40,000 dawn of war id kinda fun. kinda like starcraft but more advanced and you get to see the guys shoot bullets a ll over.

joint operations has 150 player servers for multiplayer and you can drive all types of vehicles and the gameplay is great in their servers, unlike medal of honor and battlefield.

personally, i didnt think doom 3 was worth the money, just another shooter like doom 2 or whatever. but i agree with half life 2. its alright.

also i thought chronicles of riddick escape form butcher bay was pretty fun. the whole game's an escape from prison.

the punisher is decent also . you can interrogate guys adn break trheir necks and stuff.

i fyou like role playing games that let you do whatever you want, the elder scrolls 3, morrowind, is my favorite. you can fully cusotmize everything and do whatever you want all the time and itrs first person.

if you can find it, wizardry 8 was my favorite wizadry game nice long rpg.

star wars knights of the old republic 2 seems alright, but not that exciting sometimes. same thign over and over.

medal of honor pacific assault has great multiplayer but you need a decent connection and a somewhat high end computer.

a lot of good games are coming out if you can wait. empire earth 2, (i spent weeks playing the first one) , final fantasy 12 (might be only for ps2 tho), battlefield 2 (cant wait) ok cya

Personaly i enjoy the FPSs (first person shooter), like far cry... both the half lifes, doom 3 was alright...
I must say... i loved both of the half lifes... literaly lived of the 1st one... and it is realy cheap... like £10 now!!!

Half life 2, Far cry (a must get), Unreal tournament 2004, Doom 3 (many didnt like it but i did), and the splinter cell series (its not a FPS but its really good) specially the new one that is about to come out looks really good.

Who has that much time? FarCry is EXCELLENT!

I can only speak about FarCry since it's the only game I've played since Unreal original and StarCraft. (I hardly have time to play FC let alone have multiple games). Anyway, FC is amazing, addicting, beautiful, challenging, and FUN! The maps are HUGE and the weapons are great. You can even fly a hang glider HAHAHAHA! It does require some serious hardware though so, if your machine isn't new and packed with the latest components, you may want to go with something else.

I Guess Me

I love the sceenery... it is hot... and like you said.. i wish there was more handgliding to be done...
Even with my computer... quite good, (but admitidly running from VCD) still takes ages to load...

I go with Call of Duty both of them as well as Far Cry.. But a very overlooked game is Ureal 2004 very good game and plays very smooth heck this the only game you need it has a lot of different mods you can add to it...

by the way Satchmo, PC Gamers score was 96% (but it does deserve 98%), also, Evil Genius is a great game, really fun, also anyone who has, it, im having a couple of problems with it crashing and quiting to desktop, and afterwards some of the characters are white all over.

ripken204 said:
i am looking for some games to get, plz list wut u think the top 5 are

it depends ..what kind of games you like... right now I am playing RTCW Enemy Territory ..its a good multiplayer FPS :D

I would say Half Life 2

I would say Half Life 2 and the other TFC, TF, HL and yes I will get fragged for this but Counter Strike games then Doom 3 and a older game that may be hard to find it was not very popular because it was "too good" more then one person has messed their pants or stained the carpet playing a game called System Shock 2 this is not a online game but as a FPS single player it will allways hold a good easy to reach place on my software tree. You should be fine if you keep your sound at a medium level and keep a good ear out for things that may want to eat, kill, maim, or hurt you in some way. I would play this game with the cheats a few time before playing it for real it is a hard game at times with some real nasty traps and tricks.

Best offline game ive played = Half Life 2
Best online game ive played = Call Of Duty

Thats my opinion

Others that come close are, Operation Flashpoint, Battlefield & Counter Strike Source. :approve:

Diablo All The Way

I say Diablo II Expansion is the best, played it 4 year from LAN to Top on battle.net

Well that just me and my brother though. :)

The US PC Gamer...

The US PC Gamer is bovine scatolagy because like 90% of all American standard media the people penning the words are so out of touch with the real world and the rest of the globe, that they can't see the light for their own sphinctors. Aside from the US PC Gamer only doing reports on games that pay them to do reports, they have a predetermand report for every game depending on the game companies past games. here in Canada we get both the US PC Gamer and the UK as well as the one from Japan, China and OZZY land converted to Einglish as well we have our own aside for our's (we will leve out because it is the most in touch with Canadians), the UK and CP Gamer from Japan have the best nutral look at the games giving facts that allow the consumer to choose their choice un like the Americian PC Gamer that reads as a long winded propaganda ad for the game.

As a consumer if I want an ad for something I will turn my TV on not pay for a magazine. If you like humor get the Ozzy land mag they allways add something funny to their reports yet keep it to the point; this is good this is bad and why... they allso edit kagaroos into their game screen shots alot and some of them are alittle disterbing sometimes. but I think that is from them living upsidedown and thier water spinning the wrong way. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back