Top 5 Stats, worthy addition?

Julio Franco

Staff member
If you don't know what I'm talking about scroll down to the bottom of the forum homepage for some additional stats that were not there before.

I want your opinion on whether this should stay or go ;)

I like it for the most part.....I think that the top 5 posters is unnecessary as it may cause competition, and most likely won't change for a while.

I agree cfitzarl, all it will do is cause conflict. Just like the karma system. Sigh... Glad thats gone. People gave me bad karma because I made it obvious that I didn't like the karma system...

I echo Tedster and Howard....I like 'em just as they are. I don't see any issues with the Top 5 posters.

Other than duplicate entries in Hottest and Most Viewed and repeats from one to the other it might prove useful.

Basically, there is no difference between the two unless you sort the long-term biggies from the current hotties, ie, once a post is a Most Viewed it cannot also be a Hotty.

suggestion anyway - change is better than stagnation!

:)

It is very nice, indeed.

I'm just a little confused : is RealBlackStuff technically still a member ?

I don't really see what the use of having "hot threads" when most of them are closed. Those will never change then! Besides that and the date format thingy, I like it. I still think another great mod addition would be to show users online time. I just think it would be interesting to see.

Changed date format.

This and other mods I have applied to the forums come straight from vbulletin.org, I do not hand code each one of them except of a few minor changes here and there when that suits us better. What I'm trying to say is:

1) Feel free to visit that website and tell me of any useful addition you believe would be good for the community (or if you know a mod from visiting other forums, that works too).

2) For the most part, I only install the mod, I don't code it, so I take it like it is. In the case of the Top 5 stats, I believe it would be much more useful if it listed the most popular threads within a time frame, but that would probably be resource-intensive, and also is not a possibility using the current mod, so there you have.

I think those are very good & interesting additions. I just logged in today and found them. Also, the new subforums are pretty good.

Nice Julio! :D

They are just another way to keep us informed, at first I didnt see them, but obviously they are new, The top poster things wont help much because most of us can't possibly catch up to the seniors here even if we wanted to, but goodjob, love the additions.

I agree super! You could probably add every member of TS post count and still not equal up to Howard's count! :D

To reach Howard......give or take about 19,000 posts for me :haha: !

That really makes you think doesn't it :eek: :suspiciou ! I bet howard, as I said before, is a bot made and coded by Julio to give advice and help people :unch: !

Yes, RBS is still a member and can post or not as he wishes. What gave you the idea that he wasn`t a member?

Sorry. I thought that after the verbal battle over Karma, he had quit this forum.

People can leave the forum, but they're still a member and can come back if they wish. Unless, of course, they get banned...

Back