Torrent files?! Help, please! Buffy the vampire slayer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni3587

I have been searching for season 7 of buffy the vampire slayer. I think i finally found it. I downloaded the file but it is a zipped folder and the website says that it is torrent? Dont know what that is but when i tried to open it.....cause i want to watch it.....it says that i need to identify which program was used to *make* it? I dont know what that is, or what to do so that i can watch the season!

Please someone who knows about this stuff, help me.??

A torrent file is a file that links you a downloading program called BitTorrent.

Get it here and open the buffy file you downloaded with this. It should open it up automatically and start the download. Then you can go into the directory where BitTorrent downloads to and open up your illegal copy of buffy the vampire slayer =P

Buy the DVD set. It's worth it.. and cheap (loves Buffy!).

As previously mentioned, BitTorrent is a program for downloading files. You need the application installed for this to work. It's illegal to do this with copyrighted material that you do not own though, so shame shame shame. :)

i got it and it says that its running, but it says the 0% is done and there is a questiong mark by time remaining. and i went to click on an episode and WMP still said that it couldn't play it......please tell me what to do. i would totally appreciate it, thank you for everything so far.

The way BitTorrent works is by file sharing with other users. Sometimes it takes a while for it to start the download. You'll notice that during that download your rate will increase and decrease depending on how many users are uploading that same file. Just start it and wait for it to get to %100. It may take some time for it to get going just be patient because I'm not so sure Buffy season 7 is such a hot file on the net meaning that not many people will be downloading/uploading it at the same time you are...

its still at 0.....does that mean that i just have to let it sit there? couldn't it take forever?

after it is actually done, will i be able to watch it with WMP with no problems?

If you're on dial-up, it could be DAYS (or even weeks) if it's the full season. Even broadband, and depending on the quality of the file... could be overnight or over a weekend to get (or more).

im using cable. is that any better?

and im in college and on a college budget....so buying the season right now is not really an option.

i can see myself now. "mom can i have an extra $30?"

she says "for what, hunny? You need to buy another school book? You studying hard?"

me, "No, i want to buy Buffy season 7!"

yea....that will blow over real nicely.

so any suggestions? :)

If you are using college internet, it's possible they have filters on bittorrent use.

It could also be, as the previous poster noted, the people hosting the files aren't online or there is a problem with the people hosting it. OR you could have some sort firewall/security issue with your PC/cable/router preventing bittorrent from working.

I'd say tell you're mom it's a new book expense. :p

Yeah college internet is tricky. I'm in college aslo, and I'm currently an intern in the IT department. The school has this policy against file sharing..so people who try to use BitTorrent, limewire, ares, etc.. will get their internet shut off. Check your school's policy on peer 2 peer filesharing..

i have found that downloading films is mostley time wasting. you download, then often need to convert, then burn, 20 hours. maybe i was doing it wrong..
but you cant even use your pc when you are doing it. then at the end of the conversion or burn you may end up with messages like 'conversion failed' or 'burn failed' . then when you stick it on dvd player, someone stands up to go for a pee in the cinema audience or its a crap copy.

Downloading films is fine if you don't plan on burning it to DVD format. I think she just wants to download the file and watch it on her system, not burn it on to DVD.

This certainly qualifies as piracy oriented thread. Please look to other forums for such information.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back